Fingerboard Spot

The Fingerboarding Place! Thanks for a great run, everybody! See you again soon.
 
HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 religious debate revive

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1280
Reputation : 26
Skill Level : 610771
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:47 am

Wait why does it matter if there's dinosaurs or not? I don't see any dinosaurs in my american history bookm the bible wasn't meant to explain past plants or animals
Back to top Go down
Jonathan .B
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1129
Age : 21
Location : Queens, NY
Humor : Typical thins
Reputation : 20
Skill Level : 1249
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:03 pm

the old testament was about the birth of the world, so big ass creatures should be in it
and american history books wont say anything about them becuase the Europeans founded america much later then there were any dinosaurs
Back to top Go down
Zach Padilla
Mind Blower
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 404
Age : 21
Location : San Diego, CA
Humor : I'm Mexican and Costa rican but I look white
Current Setup : John.C deck.
Uncut Rip.
Blue TD Wides.
Winkler Hansen Mansons.
Rip Tuning.
I have 2 others but it is my main set-up.
Reputation : 5
Skill Level : 362
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Jonathan .B wrote:
coming out of the water? thats strange
but what about the ice age?

Dude the bible is not a History book. It was a a book that describes God's plan. He didn't care to provide details about other things. Therefore it is scientific in some ways, For instance before they discovered that the Earth isn't flat the Book of Isiah that had already been written 2,500 years earlier describes the Earth as rounded, So scientifically speaking you can find some facts about science but it is not a science book. At it is neither a history book.

My dad wrote that. My dad has been a pastor for over 20 years and he answered that.lol. But yah what he said.
Back to top Go down
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2075
Age : 22
Humor : Charlie the Unicorn bit my finger!
Current Setup : BW Nm White Anchor Graphic/fbs extra smooth/bollie truck/brt bushings/ff g4A's


Reputation : 8
Skill Level : 141638
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:10 pm

Guess The righters of the Bible and most people know that Genises is fake.

Also a weird fact at my school which is a catholic school(I live in La where private schools are more common and you get a better education) and religon and science exams are always on the same day. I think its funny

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredmentz/
Zach Padilla
Mind Blower
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 404
Age : 21
Location : San Diego, CA
Humor : I'm Mexican and Costa rican but I look white
Current Setup : John.C deck.
Uncut Rip.
Blue TD Wides.
Winkler Hansen Mansons.
Rip Tuning.
I have 2 others but it is my main set-up.
Reputation : 5
Skill Level : 362
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Jonathan .B wrote:
coming out of the water? thats strange
but what about the ice age?


Dude the bible is not a History book. It was a a book that describes God's plan. He didn't care to provide details about other things. Therefore it is scientific in some ways, For instance before they discovered that the Earth isn't flat the Book of Isiah that had already been written 2,500 years earlier describes the Earth as rounded, So scientifically speaking you can find some facts about science but it is not a science book. At it is neither a history book.

My dad wrote that. My dad has been a pastor for over 20 years and he answered that.lol. But yah what he said.
Back to top Go down
Jonathan .B
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1129
Age : 21
Location : Queens, NY
Humor : Typical thins
Reputation : 20
Skill Level : 1249
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:47 pm

but the bible said numerous other things about the earth and its appearance
how could they leave out huge animals roaming the land?
and how could they not recognize a period of extremely cold weather
Back to top Go down
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2075
Age : 22
Humor : Charlie the Unicorn bit my finger!
Current Setup : BW Nm White Anchor Graphic/fbs extra smooth/bollie truck/brt bushings/ff g4A's


Reputation : 8
Skill Level : 141638
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:38 pm

nm

_________________


Last edited by JrodMentz on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredmentz/
Zach Padilla
Mind Blower
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 404
Age : 21
Location : San Diego, CA
Humor : I'm Mexican and Costa rican but I look white
Current Setup : John.C deck.
Uncut Rip.
Blue TD Wides.
Winkler Hansen Mansons.
Rip Tuning.
I have 2 others but it is my main set-up.
Reputation : 5
Skill Level : 362
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:13 pm

^ That is absolutely wrong Jared. Delete that post because that is completely wrong.

And Johnathon the bible is not a History book. It was a a book that describes God's plan. He didn't care to provide details about other things. Therefore it is scientific in some ways, For instance before they discovered that the Earth isn't flat the Book of Isiah that had already been written 2,500 years earlier describes the Earth as rounded, So scientifically speaking you can find some facts about science but it is not a science book. At it is neither a history book.


And Jared that is completely wrong.
Back to top Go down
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2075
Age : 22
Humor : Charlie the Unicorn bit my finger!
Current Setup : BW Nm White Anchor Graphic/fbs extra smooth/bollie truck/brt bushings/ff g4A's


Reputation : 8
Skill Level : 141638
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:02 pm

How? I tried

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredmentz/
Zanthos
Moderator
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1107
Age : 22
Location : AZ
Humor : Russel Brand
Current Setup : Agape OM(get at them)
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

Reputation : 5
Skill Level : 1121
Registration date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:20 pm

Okay, one thing I have to say. None of your arguments make any sense, whatsoever. Meaning at all. Science is a method used to come to the most logical conclusion which can be tested by others.

There are all kinds of contradictions in the bible, the quran(koran), and don't even get me started on the book of mormon with it's magical underpants.

And we already established that the bible is not based on fact. It is a book of stories that was meant as a non-literal moral guide. If you believe the "literal word of god" then your a complete and total moron, especially because you haven't read the whole bible, you've likely only read a version(e.g. NKJV, KJV, IE, etc.)
Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1280
Reputation : 26
Skill Level : 610771
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:31 pm

All versions are exactly the same, they're just different interpretations.
Back to top Go down
blosom
Newbie
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 18
Location : UK
Humor : thoughts of watching startreck on the box..
Current Setup : bw09 graph
brts
ww/ff/sbs
fbs/ex
Reputation : 1
Skill Level : 19
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:32 pm

Zach Padilla wrote:
blosom wrote:
the bible is bs.

science is proven fact...

Haha. If you have actually known anything then you would know that there is no true facts that God does not exist or that the bible is B.S.

Science is not proven fact. Please show me one fact that the Bible is not true.


come on.......ive read the bible.....be it many years ago in a lost place.......im a christian myself.........jesus walking on water, being killled and coming back to life, and all the other 'miracles'.........what you have to remeber if there is any scap of truth in it is it was a long time ago......now either the people had ergot in the bread, or very active imaginations........i just go by what 31 years on this earth has told me......and i have yet to see 'miracles' like in the bible.

and yeah, i totally agree theres no prven facts that god doesnt exist.....but the same goes for pixes, banshees, goblins, ghouls, ghosts, fairies and everything else make believe...

and what do you think science means?

and if there is a 'magical genius' like god.....it can only be taylor..... Razz
Back to top Go down
Zanthos
Moderator
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1107
Age : 22
Location : AZ
Humor : Russel Brand
Current Setup : Agape OM(get at them)
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

Reputation : 5
Skill Level : 1121
Registration date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:42 pm

goombla wrote:
All versions are exactly the same, they're just different interpretations.

The point is that they all have missing gospels, and are therefore not the entire bible, but only the parts that the church want's you to know about. Try reading the gospel of Mary Magdalen or the gospel of Judas.
Back to top Go down
blosom
Newbie
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 18
Location : UK
Humor : thoughts of watching startreck on the box..
Current Setup : bw09 graph
brts
ww/ff/sbs
fbs/ex
Reputation : 1
Skill Level : 19
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:53 pm

i think too many people have been reading that dan brown book.......
Back to top Go down
Jonathan .B
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1129
Age : 21
Location : Queens, NY
Humor : Typical thins
Reputation : 20
Skill Level : 1249
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:33 pm

how does mine not make sense? when i say scienece, i mean sometihng proven by science that was in the past in this case.
and once agian, WHY DOESNT THE BIBLE SO A SMIDGE OF EVIDENCE REVEALING THE ICE AGE?
Back to top Go down
Zach Padilla
Mind Blower
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 404
Age : 21
Location : San Diego, CA
Humor : I'm Mexican and Costa rican but I look white
Current Setup : John.C deck.
Uncut Rip.
Blue TD Wides.
Winkler Hansen Mansons.
Rip Tuning.
I have 2 others but it is my main set-up.
Reputation : 5
Skill Level : 362
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:42 am

Zanthos I am replying to Johnathon because he thinks the Bible is a freakin History book.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
I am the law. :)
I am the law. :)
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 3804
Age : 22
Location : Seattlez
Humor : high five'n white guys
Current Setup : prowood with a fingerboard times graphic~
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
flatface teflon bushings~
Ablair brand pivot cups~
and foamy OHMY GOODNESS THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!~
Reputation : 34
Skill Level : 263279
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:39 am

Jonathan .B wrote:
how does mine not make sense? when i say scienece, i mean sometihng proven by science that was in the past in this case.
and once agian, WHY DOESNT THE BIBLE SO A SMIDGE OF EVIDENCE REVEALING THE ICE AGE?

hmm im not sure. thats kind of interesting


oh i i just wanna throw this out there, they found the ark

_________________
I ♥️ Jesus

Back to top Go down
http://nocomplyfingerboards.com
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1280
Reputation : 26
Skill Level : 610771
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:21 am

gospel of judas? judas iscariot? if u truly were knowledgable of the bible and its contents you would know Judas betrayed Jesus and his followers and joined satan.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
I am the law. :)
I am the law. :)
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 3804
Age : 22
Location : Seattlez
Humor : high five'n white guys
Current Setup : prowood with a fingerboard times graphic~
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
flatface teflon bushings~
Ablair brand pivot cups~
and foamy OHMY GOODNESS THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!~
Reputation : 34
Skill Level : 263279
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:27 am

goombla wrote:
and his followers and joined satan.

usaywhatnow?

_________________
I ♥️ Jesus

Back to top Go down
http://nocomplyfingerboards.com
Zanthos
Moderator
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1107
Age : 22
Location : AZ
Humor : Russel Brand
Current Setup : Agape OM(get at them)
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

Reputation : 5
Skill Level : 1121
Registration date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:48 am

goombla wrote:
gospel of judas? judas iscariot? if u truly were knowledgable of the bible and its contents you would know Judas betrayed Jesus and his followers and joined satan.

Actually, if you read the ENTIRE bible, meaning ALL of the available gospels, you would know that Jesus TOLD Judas that god told him that he must betray him so that Jesus could die for our sins(and that because Judas was doing god's work, he would go to heaven, not hell.) And, using logic, god and satan are one. Only that which god wants to happen will happen, because god is supposed to be way more powerful, therefore all of the bad things that happen were deemed to happen BY god, in which case the only explanations are that satan is god's servant(which means that by hating satan you hate god) or god and satan are the same being, just different personalities(unless you consider the personality of god in the old testament, in which god is full of "smite thee" style tactics and manipulation.)
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
I am the law. :)
I am the law. :)
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 3804
Age : 22
Location : Seattlez
Humor : high five'n white guys
Current Setup : prowood with a fingerboard times graphic~
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
flatface teflon bushings~
Ablair brand pivot cups~
and foamy OHMY GOODNESS THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!~
Reputation : 34
Skill Level : 263279
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:52 am

^wow that was confusing but i understand. i just want to say i disagree

_________________
I ♥️ Jesus

Back to top Go down
http://nocomplyfingerboards.com
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1280
Reputation : 26
Skill Level : 610771
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:37 pm

satan was an angel of God.
Back to top Go down
Jonathan .B
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1129
Age : 21
Location : Queens, NY
Humor : Typical thins
Reputation : 20
Skill Level : 1249
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:57 pm

why would god make satan?
Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1280
Reputation : 26
Skill Level : 610771
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:59 pm

correct me if im wrong, but i beleive as an angel, he wasnt grateful and was evil. and so God made hell to contain him.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
I am the law. :)
I am the law. :)
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 3804
Age : 22
Location : Seattlez
Humor : high five'n white guys
Current Setup : prowood with a fingerboard times graphic~
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
flatface teflon bushings~
Ablair brand pivot cups~
and foamy OHMY GOODNESS THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!~
Reputation : 34
Skill Level : 263279
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:13 pm

satan was an angle of god (the highest angel) he was the leader of everything music. he constantly asked God to put im at his right hand (meaning to be equal to God). God knew that this kind of selfishness shall not be in heaven. he banished satan from heaven. God created hell for satan to stay in. as satan left heaven for hell he convinced one third of all of God's angels to come with him. that could be 100 or it could be 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. we just dont know

_________________
I ♥️ Jesus

Back to top Go down
http://nocomplyfingerboards.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   

Back to top Go down
 
religious debate revive
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Is being religious good or bad for Boxers???
» Wrestling debate of the week - v2 podcast 14th August
» The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate
» Daughter of Pierre Turgeon killed in car crash
» Welcome Night Flyer

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fingerboard Spot :: Gerneral Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: