Fingerboard Spot

The Fingerboarding Place! Thanks for a great run, everybody! See you again soon.
 
HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 religious debate revive

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1280
Reputation : 26
Skill Level : 610771
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: religious debate revive   Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:57 pm

i understand the last one didnt turn out to well.
lets try to keep this one mature and on topic, i really enjoy debates.


whats your religion if non, what exactly do you beleive? and if u dissagree with one of the posts, why?

so then to start off. im a recent convert to christianity. i beleive the bible basically.
i beleive because there truly is phsycal proof of God. such as tounges. and so many other reasons.

Back to top Go down
Jonathan .B
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1129
Age : 21
Location : Queens, NY
Humor : Typical thins
Reputation : 20
Skill Level : 1249
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:29 am

once again, i believe in nothing, i will not be controlled by any higher being of such, and its ridiculous in my opinion to believe in ghosts

And by tongues im guessing you mean language
how does that relate to god in any way?

and here a big ol brain buster
why does god allow evil of such on earth???????
Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1280
Reputation : 26
Skill Level : 610771
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:17 am

tounges is the language of God. no one knows how to speak it. it just comes out as a manifestation of the holy spirit.

and you dont beleive in ghosts???? omg. i actually am becoming a paranormal investigator. if i get any evidence ill fill u in ;D

and why would you want to beleive in nothing? when you could beleive in God and a paradise. you risk nothing by beleiving. but by not beleiving you risk everyhing.

and imma be honest with you, im not sure how to answer that question. i do have a theory but i wont say it till im sure. can someone help me answer that one??
Back to top Go down
Jonathan .B
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1129
Age : 21
Location : Queens, NY
Humor : Typical thins
Reputation : 20
Skill Level : 1249
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:25 am

i would want to believe in nothing becuase if we need to follow something how can we depend on ourselves?
there have been times when people pray to god and nothing happens
and btw everyone says if your not christian you dont go to heaven
well shouldnt god accept everyone and everything into heaven nomatter what even if they worshipped the devil?
Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1280
Reputation : 26
Skill Level : 610771
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:34 am

woah woah woah. back up there. i sure dont say that.
God loves us all so much. we're his children. he doesnt want to put us through all this misery, nor would he want for us to go to hell. but satan is the cause of the misery and lust.
from my intrepretation of the judgement day, you go to heaven if youve simply beleived in God and accepted his son jesus christ as your lord and saviour. and ofcourse been generally good and repent your sins. (generally good as in not partaking in the worst of sins. such as sorcery/witchcraft, murder, and a few more i forget.

you might be confused with mormons??
anyways,

but i can see why so many ppl think badly of religion. theres so many corrupt religious ppl. as an example, the family in the book huckleberry finn who brought guns to church for "protection". and all these other real life people who say they are a certain religion, but partake regularly in lustful and evil acts.

and following a religion doesnt stop you from depending on yourself?
Back to top Go down
Jonathan .B
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1129
Age : 21
Location : Queens, NY
Humor : Typical thins
Reputation : 20
Skill Level : 1249
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:06 am

"you go to heaven if youve simply beleived in God and accepted his son jesus christ as your lord and saviour. and ofcourse been generally good and repent your sins."

exactly my point, if you dont belive in god your not going to live with him in heaven,so since everyone is his children then he wouldnt be accepting his children into heaven.

'and following a religion doesnt stop you from depending on yourself?'

becuase we might depend on god to lets say help us pass a test, so were putting our trust in him to help us
Back to top Go down
Zach Padilla
Mind Blower
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 404
Age : 21
Location : San Diego, CA
Humor : I'm Mexican and Costa rican but I look white
Current Setup : John.C deck.
Uncut Rip.
Blue TD Wides.
Winkler Hansen Mansons.
Rip Tuning.
I have 2 others but it is my main set-up.
Reputation : 5
Skill Level : 362
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:01 am

Jonathan .B wrote:
once again, i believe in nothing, i will not be controlled by any higher being of such, and its ridiculous in my opinion to believe in ghosts

And by tongues im guessing you mean language
how does that relate to god in any way?

and here a big ol brain buster
why does god allow evil of such on earth???????

I have been born in a christian family and my parents are actually spanish speaking pastors and have been pastors for over 20 years.
God allows such evil on the earth because for him to not allow things on this earth he would have to destroy everyone and everything. You want to know why? Because when we were first created we were perfect. The earth was perfect, and everything was perfect. But then we started to mess everything up with sin. But God loves us so much that he does not want all of us to die because of the things we have done. So for everything to be perfect he would have to destroy everyhting. But he loves us so much he does not want us to die like that.
Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1280
Reputation : 26
Skill Level : 610771
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:04 am

thanks^
thats what i thought it was.
you shouldnt be accepted because u didnt beleive in him? thats obvious.

Back to top Go down
Zach Padilla
Mind Blower
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 404
Age : 21
Location : San Diego, CA
Humor : I'm Mexican and Costa rican but I look white
Current Setup : John.C deck.
Uncut Rip.
Blue TD Wides.
Winkler Hansen Mansons.
Rip Tuning.
I have 2 others but it is my main set-up.
Reputation : 5
Skill Level : 362
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:13 am

Jonathan .B wrote:
"exactly my point, if you dont belive in god your not going to live with him in heaven,so since everyone is his children then he wouldnt be accepting his children into heaven.

Wrong. He does except you but you would not go to heaven for not accepting him. That is like a son or daughter rejecting there father. God tries so hard to love you but most people want nothing to do with him. He loves you so much yet after a lifetime of rejection God will give you what you want. Which is not an eternal life with him. But an eternal life in hell. Do you get what I am saying?
Back to top Go down
Jonathan .B
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1129
Age : 21
Location : Queens, NY
Humor : Typical thins
Reputation : 20
Skill Level : 1249
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:22 am

about the first post
it is told god is all powerful and all mighty
creator of everything
so who could someone who created everything in his eyes , and someone with so much power let something evil into the hands of his children
and the being that he made everyone in his eyes would mean god intendid on evil to reach the hands of anyone he chooses
Back to top Go down
Zach Padilla
Mind Blower
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 404
Age : 21
Location : San Diego, CA
Humor : I'm Mexican and Costa rican but I look white
Current Setup : John.C deck.
Uncut Rip.
Blue TD Wides.
Winkler Hansen Mansons.
Rip Tuning.
I have 2 others but it is my main set-up.
Reputation : 5
Skill Level : 362
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:33 am

He didn't let it fall into our hands. We decided to sin. God gave Adam and Eve clear instuctions yet they chose to sin.
Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1280
Reputation : 26
Skill Level : 610771
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:11 am

because adam and eve sinned, humans are born sinners.
and he doesnt want us to fall into the evil ways! satan is the one whos responsible for all this evil.
Back to top Go down
Zanthos
Moderator
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1107
Age : 22
Location : AZ
Humor : Russel Brand
Current Setup : Agape OM(get at them)
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

Reputation : 5
Skill Level : 1121
Registration date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:36 am

I'm going to make the statement that everything you say is belief, which is different than fact. Fact: Man wrote the bible, Belief: God made man write the bible. Fact: Nobody knows what happens when you die(this does include the idiots who have been "clinically dead" and say they saw something,) Belief: There is a "man in the clouds" who allows people to live forever with him. Fact: Nobody has proof that god exists, Belief: There is a "man in the clouds" that we can only see when we die. Fact: Jesus was middle eastern from an area predominately "black", Belief: Jesus was white.

I can go on to list more, but for right now that should tide you over. I'm atheist, and I believe that religion no longer serves it's original purpose, and now is an excuse for injustices and prejudice.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
I am the law. :)
I am the law. :)
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 3804
Age : 22
Location : Seattlez
Humor : high five'n white guys
Current Setup : prowood with a fingerboard times graphic~
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
flatface teflon bushings~
Ablair brand pivot cups~
and foamy OHMY GOODNESS THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!~
Reputation : 34
Skill Level : 263279
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:41 am

Jonathan .B wrote:

why does god allow evil of such on earth???????
because he didnt want robots when he made us. he made us with the option to love him or not! thats why God is so AWESOME!! if you dont want to beleive, you dont have to!

goombla wrote:

and why would you want to beleive in nothing? when you could beleive in God and a paradise. you risk nothing by beleiving. but by not beleiving you risk everyhing.


first of all, congratulations on becoming a christian!!

i quoted that because its EXACTLY what i was trying to say in a previous thread, but i didnt know how to say it. lol. so thanks



_________________
I ♥️ Jesus

Back to top Go down
http://nocomplyfingerboards.com
Zach Padilla
Mind Blower
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 404
Age : 21
Location : San Diego, CA
Humor : I'm Mexican and Costa rican but I look white
Current Setup : John.C deck.
Uncut Rip.
Blue TD Wides.
Winkler Hansen Mansons.
Rip Tuning.
I have 2 others but it is my main set-up.
Reputation : 5
Skill Level : 362
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:44 am

Zanthos I will pop this is you. What proof do you have that God does not exist?
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
I am the law. :)
I am the law. :)
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 3804
Age : 22
Location : Seattlez
Humor : high five'n white guys
Current Setup : prowood with a fingerboard times graphic~
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
flatface teflon bushings~
Ablair brand pivot cups~
and foamy OHMY GOODNESS THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!~
Reputation : 34
Skill Level : 263279
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:02 am

Jonathan .B wrote:
about the first post
it is told god is all powerful and all mighty
creator of everything
so who could someone who created everything in his eyes , and someone with so much power let something evil into the hands of his children
and the being that he made everyone in his eyes would mean god intendid on evil to reach the hands of anyone he chooses


god doesnt let sinners into heaven because he is holy, and perfect and sin is not. if he let them into heaven , it would contaminate his holiness. we [everybody on earth] are born sinners. if we were to even look at god or his power we would be instantly killed

_________________
I ♥️ Jesus

Back to top Go down
http://nocomplyfingerboards.com
Jonathan .B
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1129
Age : 21
Location : Queens, NY
Humor : Typical thins
Reputation : 20
Skill Level : 1249
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:51 am

ok i didnt say you guys said it im just saying i heard it, but im trusting you guys
and zach whats your proof god exists?
and taylor i know were not robots, but why would god let his children be able to put themselves and others in harms way
would you let your 8 year old play with a knife?
Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1280
Reputation : 26
Skill Level : 610771
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:18 am

[/quote]

first of all, congratulations on becoming a christian!!

i quoted that because its EXACTLY what i was trying to say in a previous thread, but i didnt know how to say it. lol. so thanks


[/quote]

^epic quote fail


dude thanks so much! it sure wasnt easy. and its an ongoing process.

and yeah it took me a while to learn how to put that in words. and its such a powerful argument. yet others dont understand it.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
I am the law. :)
I am the law. :)
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 3804
Age : 22
Location : Seattlez
Humor : high five'n white guys
Current Setup : prowood with a fingerboard times graphic~
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
flatface teflon bushings~
Ablair brand pivot cups~
and foamy OHMY GOODNESS THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!~
Reputation : 34
Skill Level : 263279
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:28 am

Jonathan .B wrote:

and taylor i know were not robots, but why would god let his children be able to put themselves and others in harms way
would you let your 8 year old play with a knife?

i understand your point. god gives us the option because he loves us. the moment man sinned (adam and eve eating the apple) darkness entered the world. god knew he couldnt let sin into heaven, so in a sense he was forced to create hell.

_________________
I ♥️ Jesus

Back to top Go down
http://nocomplyfingerboards.com
Jonathan .B
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1129
Age : 21
Location : Queens, NY
Humor : Typical thins
Reputation : 20
Skill Level : 1249
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:35 am

But god made us in his own image, so that means he intended on adam commit acts againest gods judgement
Back to top Go down
Zanthos
Moderator
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1107
Age : 22
Location : AZ
Humor : Russel Brand
Current Setup : Agape OM(get at them)
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

Reputation : 5
Skill Level : 1121
Registration date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:01 pm

Zach Padilla wrote:
Zanthos I will pop this is you. What proof do you have that God does not exist?

I only have the facts, and do not read into them. I think that it is possible that "god(s)" exist(s), but that there is no scientific theory that is peer reviewed and tested which can prove otherwise. If god suddenly showed up one day and kicked me in the teeth, I would say hello and be on my way with the newly introduced fact that god existed, but so far I've only been lucky enough to get punched by a punk who thought they could rob me(to their own misfortune). The facts point to things about Jesus of Nazareth, not to a proof of god's existence, which most of the artifacts and such seem to be all too conveniently located in the vaults of the Vatican.
Back to top Go down
Zach Padilla
Mind Blower
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 404
Age : 21
Location : San Diego, CA
Humor : I'm Mexican and Costa rican but I look white
Current Setup : John.C deck.
Uncut Rip.
Blue TD Wides.
Winkler Hansen Mansons.
Rip Tuning.
I have 2 others but it is my main set-up.
Reputation : 5
Skill Level : 362
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:22 pm

Zanthos well I think there are alot of things we do not know. It is very hard for me to understand some of these things too.
And Johnathan here is my proof that God exists.
Our complex human bodies. Our beautiful world filled with beautiful things inside of it. These things were created with a purpose and these things did just happen by chance.
Back to top Go down
Jonathan .B
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1129
Age : 21
Location : Queens, NY
Humor : Typical thins
Reputation : 20
Skill Level : 1249
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:49 pm

Can you increase the resolution of your picture its hard to see
Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1280
Reputation : 26
Skill Level : 610771
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:30 am

okay, so do you two beleive that a Jesus existed in that time period?
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
I am the law. :)
I am the law. :)
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 3804
Age : 22
Location : Seattlez
Humor : high five'n white guys
Current Setup : prowood with a fingerboard times graphic~
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
flatface teflon bushings~
Ablair brand pivot cups~
and foamy OHMY GOODNESS THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!~
Reputation : 34
Skill Level : 263279
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:44 am

most people believe there was a jesus who did great things, but nothing spiritual. hence "b.c."

_________________
I ♥️ Jesus

Back to top Go down
http://nocomplyfingerboards.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: religious debate revive   

Back to top Go down
 
religious debate revive
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Is being religious good or bad for Boxers???
» Wrestling debate of the week - v2 podcast 14th August
» The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate
» Daughter of Pierre Turgeon killed in car crash
» Welcome Night Flyer

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fingerboard Spot :: Gerneral Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: