Fingerboard Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fingerboard Spot

The Fingerboarding Place! Thanks for a great run, everybody! See you again soon.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bamboo Butta!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
luajh
Master Fingerboarder
luajh

Male
Number of posts : 1400
Humor : naughty naughty
Current Setup : Defstone NM Wide Blank
SPRiNGFiELD Tape
SPRiNGFiELD Bushings
Spinal Wides
NC Pivot Cups
Nocomply V3 Buttas
Wheel washers

Skill Level : 1572
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Bamboo Butta! Empty
PostSubject: Bamboo Butta!   Bamboo Butta! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:05 pm

ok guys... heres smth u may not like. i have been dabbling with rails for some time, finding a good material for coping, and i found a natural substitute - bamboo. bamboo has been a trademark of the chinese and it has a waxy, slidy feeling. i have an uncle dealing with wood and timbre, and i told him to help me get some bamboo cut into popsicle sticks for ease of shipping. and so i got a bunch of this stuff, which appeared to slide as good as i thought. i got an idea from my fellow rider to make a rail purely out of them. i never laquered the bamboo. i just soaked the grinding stick inside my special paraffin skate wax mixture (paraffin burns longer and slides better) and i melted in the leftover wax and scraping away the excess. the purpose is to make an everlasting slick grind , and to fill up the many pores in real bamboo.