Fingerboard Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fingerboard Spot

The Fingerboarding Place! Thanks for a great run, everybody! See you again soon.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

skating across America

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
JrodMentz

Male
Number of posts : 2075
Humor : Charlie the Unicorn bit my finger!
Current Setup : BW Nm White Anchor Graphic/fbs extra smooth/bollie truck/brt bushings/ff g4A's

Skill Level : 141638
Registration date : 2010-07-04

skating across America - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 6:38 pm

I say wait till next year. get a job this summer andmake money , so you maybe can at least have a bed to sleep in. also a way to charge your camera
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredmentz/
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male
Number of posts : 1281
Skill Level : 610771
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 12:45 am

Where's the fun in haviing a bed? We'll go to whoever welcomes us.

Ur not very advenertous are u? Lol
Back to top Go down
DillonV
Lazier than furniture
DillonV

Male
Number of posts : 778
Current Setup : Flaked-ytrucks-roll9

Skill Level : 585
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:06 am

Haha, well if your recording this event, you'll need some sort of vehicle, to at least carry your supplies.. Just contact a big company to give you a car, you don't need to sleep in it, but you'll need the car to travel behind you guys with the hazards on so nobody runs you guys over, secondly it'll hold all your extra boards, wheels, bearings, shoes, ect.. And make sure to get like 15 cases of water, if you get dehydrated that's it, game over see you next year... I'd LOVE to come but I have rent to pay and no way to get out to the states to stay for a month or two. If your doing this next year I'd think about it because I'd save up enough to go away for 2 months. But defiantly think about getting a car for protection and for storage.. you yourself are going to kill at least 2 pairs of shoes, Numourous bearings because you'll ride rain or shine,boards will break because rain, your going to need some supplies.. truly contact some big companies to sponsor so you get a couple bucks together. Going completely broke is a little crazy and unsafe, and illegal, if you get caught, again it's game over. So make it legal,safe and super fun.. Do the same way you did with the skate shops, just look up some big companies and find a way to contact them, throw them your idea ( make it look as professional as possible) and hope someone bites.. Just keep sleeping bags in the car so when you get tired, car pulls over and you sleep right there on the side of the road.. Make sure to bring camcorders and camera's to take video/photos of this event, and not digital, you'll want this for the rest of your life to show to your kids haha.

Also I agree with Andrew, It is super fun to just go where ever, it's ultimate freedom... no shelter from the rain or elements.

Oh also your going to need lots of clothes, 2 months worth to be exact.. Unless you want to smell something fierce and have the worst rashes and health hazards of your life. Nothing worse than smelling and looking like a bum on wheels.. That, or pray it rains alot, so you can just soap yourself as you skate hahaha.

AND i was thinking that you should also coat your boards in a light coat of oil, it should make your boards last longer because it'll repel water, same oiling your trucks and heavy oil on the bearings.
Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:17 am

thanks for the all the info im saving it.

and the trip is in fact next year. the date is set to June 1st, 2012.

ill consider the car idea, but its not likely. i want to do something thats never been done before.
i dont care if we have 6 bags to carry, we'll make it work.
Back to top Go down
DillonV
Lazier than furniture
DillonV

Male

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:24 am

True enough, i was thinking more for safety, people notice a big car half on the road half off and they'll just swerve around, but if it's just you guys, there is a chance of getting hit and that's not cool, really think about the car, and if it's next year i think i might be really down, accept i'd probably ride to gather money for breast cancer. Oh and here's some clips of the documentary in canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QO-c14sMWQ

and these guys are canadian ( go figure, little Terry fox wannabe's ) but they did do a round in america way back in 05, i just cant find it. ..

Scratch that, i found the original.. L.A. To toronto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0-VKRrr3Fc&feature=related

and you really shouldn't do this blindfolded. If you want to sure, i might be down but it isn't good to go blindfolded.

Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:42 am

how are we going blindfolded???

ill watch that in a few when im home lol
Back to top Go down
DillonV
Lazier than furniture
DillonV

Male

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:53 am

Well i mean, you want to backpack it across america, that's kinda going blindfolded.. If your going with a planed route of how your getting across america, thats different. You godda have every little detail planed out so this trip doesn't end.. you want this to last from one end to the other without a big disaster happening. For instance the guy rob got a fracture in his foot from this, if your doing this, start training your body now, as in go to the gym and work out heavy on treadmills and what not to get your body in peak condition so you dont end up ruining your body and ending the trip early.
Back to top Go down
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
JrodMentz

Male
Current Setup : BW Nm White Anchor Graphic/fbs extra smooth/bollie truck/brt bushings/ff g4A's

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 4:26 am

Yeah dude, also a car can help with that. If you get hurt you have deaf skater to get you to a hospital. Bring someone else with you at least!
Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 4:30 am

we have a route haha. i also have an atlas with a map of each state. each state that we cross i already have a route for. every stop we plan is written out haha. well most anyway. i wanna plot down skateparks, skateshops, etc.

yeah i agree, i gots to train my stamina.
Back to top Go down
DillonV
Lazier than furniture
DillonV

Male

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 4:40 am

most def. Good to know you have a plan laid out, well hopefully you can get a few guys together to do this, it would be awesome, i wont promise but i want to go, it would be fun to say the least, but very exhausting haha.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
I am the law. :)
TaylorT

Male
Number of posts : 3807
Humor : high five'n white guys
Current Setup : prowood with a fingerboard times graphic~
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
flatface teflon bushings~
Ablair brand pivot cups~
and foamy OHMY GOODNESS THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!~
Skill Level : 263279
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:25 am

HOLY COW. andrew this is gunna be so sweet! contact a local filmcrew and ask if they wanna film. work out a dealio. and advertise us some how!! haha. seriously this sounds awesome
Back to top Go down
http://nocomplyfingerboards.com
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:43 am

thanks taylor!

i didnt think about a filmcrew but now that u say it, sounds interesting. a small time film crew would be up for an opportunity like this. that would save us some money as well as produce us more. ill have to look up some.

i just so happen to have a friend who is friends with steven spieldbergs lawyer. that lawyer does buisness with rob dyrdek. my friend is going to present the idea to the lawyer who will present it to rob dyrdek in my writing. I dont know what rob would do to help, but rob tends to go big, so lets see what turns up.
Back to top Go down
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
JrodMentz

Male

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:54 am

I was actually gonna suggest email or contacting rob
Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:59 am

haha just a tad bit ahead of you tongue

Taylor, i think ill wait to contact any crews. if a miracle happens and we get a sponsorship offer from a big company, i will hire a crew. but i doubt any would even reply if i ask them to do free work.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:03 am

goombla wrote:
thanks taylor!

i didnt think about a filmcrew but now that u say it, sounds interesting. a small time film crew would be up for an opportunity like this. that would save us some money as well as produce us more. ill have to look up some.

i just so happen to have a friend who is friends with steven spieldbergs lawyer. that lawyer does buisness with rob dyrdek. my friend is going to present the idea to the lawyer who will present it to rob dyrdek in my writing. I dont know what rob would do to help, but rob tends to go big, so lets see what turns up.

ill tell you what rob is gunna do. if you agree to do the whole trip in a wild grinders costume, then he'll pay for all of it, film it, sign you to dc, and feature you on the show
Back to top Go down
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
JrodMentz

Male

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:05 am

hahahahahahaha. That may all happen, except the last part
Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:06 am

hahahahaha! thats EXACTLY what he'd do. if he puts AC in the costumes, im down.

we might have two girls coming along with us, but thats not certain yet.

Last edited by goombla on Fri May 13, 2011 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:16 am

JrodMentz wrote:
If you get hurt you have deaf skater to get you to a hospital.

im not even going to have a phone, so how is he being deaf going to matter at all?

(BTW that was like my first ever double post so u guys cant be mad for that.. Razz)
Back to top Go down
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
JrodMentz

Male

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:29 am

Its cool this is spam central. Dude im sorry but this thing is risky
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:31 am

youve gotta bring a $20 pre paid for emergencies
Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:36 am

whats a 20 dollar pre paid??

jrod ur such a downer lol.
nah jokes. i know its risky dude. thats the deffinition of adventure. but u have to understand that this has always been my passion. so dying out there isnt what im worried about. what im worried about is if I'll atleast try.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:37 am

do this route so you can go to dc and see me XD

skating across America - Page 2 1mapmapcopy
Back to top Go down
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
JrodMentz

Male

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:38 am

You know if you die this will affect/effect(I cant remeber) all of us on this forum.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:39 am

Back to top Go down
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
JrodMentz

Male

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:42 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: skating across America   skating across America - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

skating across America
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next