Fingerboard Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fingerboard Spot

The Fingerboarding Place! Thanks for a great run, everybody! See you again soon.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's Official.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DillonV
Lazier than furniture
DillonV

Male
Number of posts : 778
Current Setup : Flaked-ytrucks-roll9

Skill Level : 585
Registration date : 2010-07-28

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:23 am

I figured now that i am confident about this, I am posting a sneak peak into my process of how these guys are going to be made, and when everything is all cast in stone and the first boards/Wheels are sold i will post pictures and videos on the process of making everything because i figure you guys are curious to how these are made and deserve to know, there isn't any real secrets to everything anymore, it's just in how you do it all and if your good with your hands or not.

Alright, well after months of research I am not in the process of making fingerboards and fingerboard wheels, The trucks I can't seem to get a grasp on but with time i'm sure i can offer them.

All this will be ready in the spring time, i know I've said earlier numerous times but I've been doing more and more research to make my products stand out from the start and i know feel 100% this is all the right ways of doing it.

At the moment we're still working out the little kinks in our machines seeing how they're all home built, from a hand made hand lathe all the way to a home made CNC machine fully guided by my PC. Each machine i wanted to built so it is exatically to what i need and built around my products, not my products built around the machines/tools i use. but I've made serious progress in building both wheels and boards and i think you'll be very pleased to see them soon.

You'll know when they're ready for order when i put out the commercial(s).

I'm also in my spare time looking into real wear graphics..

Now these prices aren't final but i think they seem pretty close to what i'm thinking.

Blanks ( 28mm x 100mm) Medium kicks / mellow concave $14.00 CAD ( $14.13 USD)
Mellow kicks / mellow concave

Graphics (wear) ( 28mm x 100mm) Medium kicks / mellow concave $22.00 CAD ( $22.21 USD)
mellow kicks / mellow concave

Wheels ( Any colour ) $27.00 CAD ($27.26 USD)
Singles $7.50 CAD Each. ($7.57 USD)

-The board's are going to be made of 5 sheets of hard maple, dyed by myself in a vacuum chamber i made myself to ensure the dye penetrates the wood properly and effectively.

-They're going to be held together by the industries standard in skateboard glue ensuring proper adhesion, crisp pop, and long lasting solidity without warpage.

-Then are going to be pressed in 1 of 8 of molds i have and held in the molds for 12 hours to ensure full cure and then put on a specific stand to FULLY dry for another 2 weeks ( that way if any do warp, i can pick it out and either re-press or throw away)

-after the pressing stage I place the boards in a jig to drill out the holes to make sure all the holes are perfect every time, then counter sunk.

-After that they are sent over to my home made CNC machine, placed in a jig to hold the boards by the truck holes and they are cut to the desired shape.

-next i router the edges to make a smooth edge and prevent fraying of ply's from wear and abuse and then they get hand sanded with 360 grit sandpaper to make a clean, smooth surface.

-after that we apply a nice coat of varnish to protect the wood against the elements and placed into a booth to dry without dust
and other particals getting into the coat, then the boards get a healthy coat of gloss and placed back into the booth to dry for a full 24 hours.

and VIOLA! the board is done, it get's shrink wraped like real skateboards and they wait to be ordered.

Next is the wheels..

The wheels are made of abrasion resistant polyurethane, the same type of urethane as real skateboard wheels ( skateboard wheels are about 50D shore/95A shore are the grades for skateboard wheels), We use 45D shore/85A shore grade polyurethanes to make a realistic, yet softer wheel to give a smoother ride you are sure to love.the shape is exact to a real skateboard wheel and They also come with abec 5 shielded bearings to ensure smooth, fast rides but durable to stand up to the abuse and with a variety of colours, who could go wrong?

-First we inject the polyurethane into 1 0f 10 , 2-part molds and place them on our home made " shake" table to remove all the air bubbles and then left to cure for a full 48 hours on the shake table.

-Next each wheel is pulled out of the mold and receives an inspection to ensure the urethane has hardened and has no air bubbles what so ever are left behind.

-Then we take each wheel and put it on a hand lathe to remove any left over slag and all the mold marks to make these wheels perfectly round and true. Then we remove any slag around the inner bore of the wheel making the wheel look perfect all around.

-Then we insert our ABEC 5 bearings that have been pre-oiled with Bones speed cream(TM) into the wheels..

VIOLA! there's our wheel process, when the wheels are fully done, we shrink wrap them in sets of 4 just like real skateboard wheels and they sit and wait to be ordered.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
I am the law. :)
TaylorT

Male
Number of posts : 3807
Humor : high five'n white guys
Current Setup : prowood with a fingerboard times graphic~
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
flatface teflon bushings~
Ablair brand pivot cups~
and foamy OHMY GOODNESS THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!~
Skill Level : 263279
Registration date : 2009-11-05

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 3:21 am

hollllyyyyy craaaappp. i cant wait dude. seriously. youve done your research! wow
Back to top Go down
http://nocomplyfingerboards.com
DillonV
Lazier than furniture
DillonV

Male

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:44 am

What's really slowing me down is building the tools, for me to build myself a CNC machine, it's $200 where as buying one is $1000 used.. and to get someone else to do it is $250 for 200 boards.. The hand lathe is only going to cost me $50 to make rather than $200 used to buy and everything is made to how i need it, rather than buy it then build jigs onto it, i already have jigs built into it.

Everything is planned out, i'd rather keep pushing the dates of production back to ensure the product is properly done and exact each and every time, i'm making a production out of this rather than the typical company where they rely on a bandsaw and belt sander and a good eye and can only make a few good boards a week.

I also want to show you guys the tools just because i want to prove to everyone you don't need deep pockets to get great tools to make the products great, all you need is research and a little building knowledge.. everything is easily obtainable if you go to the right places and ask questions.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:55 am

cool!
Back to top Go down
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
JrodMentz

Male
Number of posts : 2075
Humor : Charlie the Unicorn bit my finger!
Current Setup : BW Nm White Anchor Graphic/fbs extra smooth/bollie truck/brt bushings/ff g4A's

Skill Level : 141638
Registration date : 2010-07-04

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 5:18 am

We need to talk. Its nothing bad i love all of this. its just i need to talk to you about other stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredmentz/
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 6:08 am

me?. staff section
Back to top Go down
DillonV
Lazier than furniture
DillonV

Male

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:14 am

Staff section who ever you want to talk to..
Back to top Go down
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
JrodMentz

Male
Current Setup : BW Nm White Anchor Graphic/fbs extra smooth/bollie truck/brt bushings/ff g4A's

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:06 am

Okay wait what. I didn't read everything...
Back to top Go down
jacklilley
Face Melter
jacklilley

Male
Number of posts : 658
Humor : anything funny
Current Setup : Redemtion OM
spinal wides
spinal oringz
red v4s
nc shorty kingpins
and a sexy nc burger sticker lol
Skill Level : 700
Registration date : 2010-01-03

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:10 am

Sounds awesome, a tip from me is
-Dont open early, give sneak peaks over a period of 3-6 months, you will be getting lots of people saving cash for them and overall will be come more popular Smile

Good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:57 am

haha thats exactly what ross is doing. his decks are gunna explode
Back to top Go down
DillonV
Lazier than furniture
DillonV

Male

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:42 am

TaylorT wrote:
haha thats exactly what ross is doing. his decks are gunna explode

Razz , why do you think i'm giving up some info? haha.. HYPE!! The whole purpose of this company is to mass product so everyone get's they're share, like berlinwoods and winkler wheels. Mass produced, at a lower cost then competing brands and every board and wheel will be exatically the same, no more " close enough " bull crap, i hate using a bandsaw and belt sander to get my boards near perfect compared to each other.. i want this to be a decent company and show canada has something to offer that is a good quality product other than our canadian maple wood. haha.

but yeah, it's really easy now that i got the tools, only problem is i just burnt a $125 hole in my pocket for a mold that isn't what i want so i have to wait again for another one..

Last edited by DillonV on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
JrodMentz

Male

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:45 am

That blows.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:50 am

DillonV wrote:

but yeah, it's really easy now that i got the tools, only problem is i just burnt a $125 hole in my pocket for a mold that isn't what i want so i have to wait again for another one..

refund!
Back to top Go down
DillonV
Lazier than furniture
DillonV

Male

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:44 am

Can't, It's a piece of metal that's been shaved, they made what i wanted, just it wasn't exactly what i wanted...a little off, but i didnt know that till i pressed the board.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:21 am

bummer!. i guess trial and error right? gather up all of your friends and family and ask if they can pitch in like $5-10 to start up a companny and tell them that when you get it going ull pay them back
Back to top Go down
DillonV
Lazier than furniture
DillonV

Male

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:00 am

It's Official. 4063962b37c54ffab39cef7

Back to top Go down
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:30 am

It's Official. LOLWUT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's Official. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official.   It's Official. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Official.
Page 1 of 1