Fingerboard Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fingerboard Spot

The Fingerboarding Place! Thanks for a great run, everybody! See you again soon.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Defstone NM Wide Blank and Flex Tape Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
luajh
Master Fingerboarder
luajh

Male
Number of posts : 1400
Humor : naughty naughty
Current Setup : Defstone NM Wide Blank
SPRiNGFiELD Tape
SPRiNGFiELD Bushings
Spinal Wides
NC Pivot Cups
Nocomply V3 Buttas
Wheel washers

Skill Level : 1572
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Defstone NM Wide Blank and Flex Tape Review Empty
PostSubject: Defstone NM Wide Blank and Flex Tape Review   Defstone NM Wide Blank and Flex Tape Review Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm

Defstone NM Wide Blank:

Shipping: $3 . Came in duck brand bubble mailer (like flatface) via Air Mail Par Avion from USA to Singapore in 1 week. Very fast. came with defstone NM wide blank, 1 piece of flex tape uncut and buttload of stickers and 3 free strips of pivot cups. deck was separately wrapped in bubble wrap

Defstone NM Wide Blank:

Deck:
Pop: a lot more solid than mainstream decks
kicks: defstone decks have steeper kicks as you all know. 1 side is higher than the other and really helps a little with nollies. i noticed the kicks were a little boxy and affected my flips performance by a little but i was used to it really quickly. they were also pretty long like absolute synthetics
lacquer: the whole deck was lacquered including the sides. good job on that. the bottom ply was bamboo for my deck which wasn't over lacquered. i could still feel the grain of the veneer but it was very shiny and slides well
dips: the new defstone has more U shaped dips rather than V. thats alot more realistic.
Holes: countersinks were perfect and i got the trucks on REALLY QUICKLY. kingpin holes are slightly bigger but still good job on that.
sanding: absolutely perfect. sides were rounded and i could see the plies so well no smudging or any shit.
plie colours from the top: wood, purple, wood, purple, bamboo
concave: low and perfect for control.
performance: overall awesome. not easy to describe

Flex Tape:
Came in 1 sheet in a ziploc baggie. It was huge and could fit even extra wides with a lot of extras. Cutting the tape was pretty easy but i kinda fucked it up because i was too excited about it. just basically the filing but the adhesive is VERY STICKY.

performance: Todd told me to rub in water and true enough, it felt as good as FBS ES ! it was really grippy and worth the $1!.

GO GET FLEX TAPE ITS BETTER THAN TOXIC TAPE FOR ITS PRICE!

Extras:

Stickers: the printing was good but i would say it was quite poor this time. real skate stickers should be printed on vinly and not on sticker paper. i think that needs work. but nevertheles he gave me quite a huge bunch.

pivot cups: i noticed that Todd gave me 2 strips more compared to other orders so it was really nice of him. the pivot cups i noticed were slightly smaller than flatface ones. they have a smaller hole but they still fit firmly and do not break at all. if you plan to buy the pivot cups from NC, i highly suggest getting it because it is alot cheaper and it is of top quality.

Overall: BUY FROM NC! THANKS TODD
Back to top Go down
http://www.springfieldtuning.vze.com

PostSubject: Re: Defstone NM Wide Blank and Flex Tape Review   Defstone NM Wide Blank and Flex Tape Review Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:51 am

i hate defstones. i have a matt hardy graphic one and i dont like high kicks. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defstone NM Wide Blank and Flex Tape Review   Defstone NM Wide Blank and Flex Tape Review Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:38 pm

i like flex tape
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defstone NM Wide Blank and Flex Tape Review   Defstone NM Wide Blank and Flex Tape Review Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:38 pm

o ya and sub evan e
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defstone NM Wide Blank and Flex Tape Review   Defstone NM Wide Blank and Flex Tape Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Defstone NM Wide Blank and Flex Tape Review
Page 1 of 1