Fingerboard Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fingerboard Spot

The Fingerboarding Place! Thanks for a great run, everybody! See you again soon.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot

Go down 
+5
BrianC
Alexander
ryansk8ter71
JrodMentz
goombla
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male
Number of posts : 1281
Skill Level : 610771
Registration date : 2010-04-03

The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Empty
PostSubject: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:19 am

It has finally come. The words I dreaded to write... But, the truth non the less.
For the few who have been here for a good amount of time, and have stuck around somewhat, you know who you are, I thank you for the good times, and conversations that we have shared again and again.

Somehow through this incredible device, the computer, we have grown to know each other, to enjoy each others words, and to share our friendship. We were once a very prosperous forum, held together by a tightly knit community of fellow fingerboarders, and the the time we have spent here has brought us together, but the inevitable has come upon us. We have all gone our own ways with age, and time.

I remember when I first joined here nearly two years ago, when I first learned that fingerboarding was more than just a bunch of $3 plastic tech decks. I was always active, and enthusiastic to learn about what fingerboarding was. This was the first forum I ever joined. I remember looking up to the admins and mods at the time, like they were really important figures and just people I felt I had to treat with respect. I just think its crazy how much has happened, how much time has gone by, and now I'm one of them. Not only one of them, but one the remaining few. and not just one of the remaining few admins, but simply one of the few remaining nearly 500 users.

For the few newer users who have made efforts to post now and then, Thank you. Its regular members that keep forums alive and going. It just wasnt enough to keep this one going.

Its pretty simple, we've all moved on. Whether its to different forums, or just away from fingerboarding.

Its been a great run guys. A lot of work has gone into making this forum the place it is, and a lot of work has gone into trying to revive it. It has proven time and time again a failure. Id rather not look at this as giving up, but instead, moving on. Fbspot will never die in my books. I'll always be nostalgic on the times ive shared on this forum. I hope you guys will feel the same. All who have actively participated here at one point have a part of fbspot in them, and hopefully they'll remember this place for a long time to come. Long Live Fbspot!

Cant say Thanks enough for the great times ive had here. As lame as all of this sounds on an online forum, i cant lie, my eyes are getting a bit watery Rolling Eyes

So anyways, i'll end this now. Thanks again to the few of you who will actually read this <3 Very Happy

I frickin love you guys
Back to top Go down
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
JrodMentz

Male
Number of posts : 2075
Humor : Charlie the Unicorn bit my finger!
Current Setup : BW Nm White Anchor Graphic/fbs extra smooth/bollie truck/brt bushings/ff g4A's

Skill Level : 141638
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:24 am

Its been amazing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredmentz/
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:26 am

Im glad we can agree its a good time to "close shop". I think its better this way.
Back to top Go down
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
JrodMentz

Male
Current Setup : BW Nm White Anchor Graphic/fbs extra smooth/bollie truck/brt bushings/ff g4A's

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:27 am

I'll still talk to you man!
Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:29 am

you have my youtube and stuffs right?? Smile
Back to top Go down
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
JrodMentz

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:30 am

I have your skype
Back to top Go down
ryansk8ter71
Intermediate Fingerboarder
ryansk8ter71

Male
Number of posts : 51
Humor : i find humor in everything
Current Setup : G12 Wide
Y Trucks
BRR Editions tan

Skill Level : 39
Registration date : 2011-07-25

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:50 am

man, i joined this when i started fbing over 1 year ago, sad to see this happen but i think we all knew it was coming. Im obviously gonna keep in touch with you andrew, loved the way you worded this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.allcanadianfb.com
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 9:12 am

Thanks Ryan! It's been awesome having you here.
Back to top Go down
Alexander
Advanced Fingerboarder
Alexander

Number of posts : 164
Humor : Nothing, everything is literal.
Skill Level : 110
Registration date : 2011-06-01

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Man, I don't even know what to say... I'll miss you all, this place is so unique.
Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:25 pm

Thanks Alex, I couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
ryansk8ter71
Intermediate Fingerboarder
ryansk8ter71

Male
Number of posts : 51
Humor : i find humor in everything
Current Setup : G12 Wide
Y Trucks
BRR Editions tan

Skill Level : 39
Registration date : 2011-07-25

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 5:37 am

can we not just leave it up for random posting pleasure and not worry about the size of the forum?
Back to top Go down
http://www.allcanadianfb.com
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 6:43 am

It'll still be up. shouldve clarified. this is more of a statement. Im done trying you know? its not going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Mind Blower
BrianC

Male
Number of posts : 284
Humor : LOL
Current Setup : Wangster deck
wangster tape
wides
FF G4d's
Skill Level : 172
Registration date : 2011-06-13

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 6:35 am

i messed everything up
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
I am the law. :)
TaylorT

Male
Number of posts : 3807
Humor : high five'n white guys
Current Setup : prowood with a fingerboard times graphic~
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
flatface teflon bushings~
Ablair brand pivot cups~
and foamy OHMY GOODNESS THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!~
Skill Level : 263279
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:54 am

NO WE ARE NOT CLOSING. i just havent been on in a while, but cmon brosef, were just a small forum. doesnt mean we have to close Wink
Back to top Go down
http://nocomplyfingerboards.com
luajh
Master Fingerboarder
luajh

Male
Number of posts : 1400
Humor : naughty naughty
Current Setup : Defstone NM Wide Blank
SPRiNGFiELD Tape
SPRiNGFiELD Bushings
Spinal Wides
NC Pivot Cups
Nocomply V3 Buttas
Wheel washers

Skill Level : 1572
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:39 pm

ohai ^^ havent been on for almost 3 years, time really flies. gonna be preparing for college and army in a matter of time.

i remember coming here when i first learnt about techdecks. still have my ancient berlinwood, defstone and other decks today, that nostalgia! it has been a wonderful place, didnt forget the old guys (ithink some of us are still in contact today? :p) thanks for everything guys!
Back to top Go down
http://www.springfieldtuning.vze.com
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:07 am

luajh wrote:
ohai ^^ havent been on for almost 3 years, time really flies. gonna be preparing for college and army in a matter of time.

i remember coming here when i first learnt about techdecks. still have my ancient berlinwood, defstone and other decks today, that nostalgia! it has been a wonderful place, didnt forget the old guys (ithink some of us are still in contact today? :p) thanks for everything guys!

hey man! i joined here right around the time you left. i remember you very well though, owning springfield and all lol. i wish the best of luck to you and your army career and college! yes some of the ogs are still in touchor drop by to say hi once in a blue moon, but its been 2 years since ive heard from christian
Back to top Go down
luajh
Master Fingerboarder
luajh

Male
Number of posts : 1400
Humor : naughty naughty
Current Setup : Defstone NM Wide Blank
SPRiNGFiELD Tape
SPRiNGFiELD Bushings
Spinal Wides
NC Pivot Cups
Nocomply V3 Buttas
Wheel washers

Skill Level : 1572
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:55 pm

Haha i remember you too ^^ nah army is a compulsory thingy over here in singapore

i still do a little bit of fingerboarding every now and then, been trying to help out in many of our local fingerboard events as well. quite recently, ive been running a tape company and moving onto other stuff soon https://www.facebook.com/pages/SniperStyle/179473682121551

local scene is growing into a pretty vibrant one and im glad to be part of it. Local fingerboard cum longboard event which i helped out in> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg2tBT1xCFI

i never really gave up on this hobby to be honest. it was fun, and it still is Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.springfieldtuning.vze.com
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:43 am

Very cool, thanks so much for helping the scene!
Back to top Go down
Holden1Huffaker
Holden1Huffaker

Male
Number of posts : 9
Humor : Will Ferrell.
Current Setup : FlatFace G12
BRR Trucks 2.0
Ceramics
FBS
Skill Level : 0
Registration date : 2012-05-21

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:48 am

I truly hope this forum doesn't close. This was the one forum when I first signed up, erm(2010?) there were members on here that were really cool, made me feel like I was home. Not a drama place. My favorite members were TaylorT and ToastyCornFlakes there pretty cool guys. Let's not tear this place down by closing it. Theres a ton of memories on this place, don't make that mistake.

Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.FingerboardStore.de
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:41 am

Holden ur gay
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 3:57 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
JrodMentz

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:58 am

I found that very enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:44 am

it's sad this place is finally gone. but i had a great time here.
Back to top Go down
JrodMentz
Bow ties are cool.
JrodMentz

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 8:40 pm

I totally agree with you taylor
Back to top Go down
Denis S.
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 1749
Humor : What
Skill Level : 778
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 6:33 am

Haven't been on in a while and its sad too see this place at rock bottom. Ill remember all the memories Ive had on FS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot   The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Inevitable Closing of FingerboardSpot
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next