Fingerboard Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fingerboard Spot

The Fingerboarding Place! Thanks for a great run, everybody! See you again soon.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fingerboarding going mainstream? What are your thoughts?

Go down 
+2
goombla
BrianC
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BrianC
Mind Blower
BrianC

Male
Number of posts : 284
Humor : LOL
Current Setup : Wangster deck
wangster tape
wides
FF G4d's
Skill Level : 172
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Fingerboarding going mainstream? What are your thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Fingerboarding going mainstream? What are your thoughts?   Fingerboarding going mainstream? What are your thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 2:25 am

Yeah, what do you think will happen. What companies will come, if they will get better or just get worse. And do you think it will ever get mainstream?
Discuss.
Back to top Go down
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male
Number of posts : 1281
Skill Level : 610771
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding going mainstream? What are your thoughts?   Fingerboarding going mainstream? What are your thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 7:07 am

if by mainstream you mean magazine coverage, media coverage, and millions of people doing it, i dont think that will ever happen.

if it were to happen, i think it would be pretty bitter sweet.
there would be more people to fb with, but small companies that make fingerboarding fun and affordable (alot like Pure XD) will die out. There will be bigger options that not many people would turn to buy from such companies with "less" credibility.

I wouldnt like it to be mainstream, but if it was like halfway mainstream, it would be perfect.
Back to top Go down
RyanMarshment
RyanMarshment

Number of posts : 11
Skill Level : 4
Registration date : 2011-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding going mainstream? What are your thoughts?   Fingerboarding going mainstream? What are your thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:16 pm

I think it would be alot like what andrew said but instead of it being more expensive it'd be the same concept of china companies meaning s*** made mass produced products and tons of the same companies.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
I am the law. :)
I am the law. :)
TaylorT

Male
Number of posts : 3807
Humor : high five'n white guys
Current Setup : prowood with a fingerboard times graphic~
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
flatface teflon bushings~
Ablair brand pivot cups~
and foamy OHMY GOODNESS THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!~
Skill Level : 263279
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding going mainstream? What are your thoughts?   Fingerboarding going mainstream? What are your thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:14 am

I dont think it will ever get close. I would hate it if it did
Back to top Go down
http://nocomplyfingerboards.com
Alexander
Advanced Fingerboarder
Alexander

Number of posts : 164
Humor : Nothing, everything is literal.
Skill Level : 110
Registration date : 2011-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding going mainstream? What are your thoughts?   Fingerboarding going mainstream? What are your thoughts? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:19 am

Can't really see it happening, but i reckon it'd be alright, there would still be those doing it with real passion.
Back to top Go down
FingerBro

Number of posts : 24
Skill Level : -3
Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding going mainstream? What are your thoughts?   Fingerboarding going mainstream? What are your thoughts? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:44 am

I honestly could see it going mainstream because the prices are so incredibly big. But if people keep supporting legit companies such as FlatFace,Redemption,Berlinwood,Blackriver & others. Not China products where they buy completes for $5.00 + shipping and sell them for $25-$30.

Some of the products companies carry, they are highway robbing you for the money and the fame.

But I hope it doesn't go mainstream.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding going mainstream? What are your thoughts?   Fingerboarding going mainstream? What are your thoughts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fingerboarding going mainstream? What are your thoughts?
Page 1 of 1