Fingerboard Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fingerboard Spot

The Fingerboarding Place! Thanks for a great run, everybody! See you again soon.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Concrete or Cement Ledges?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
p1kclefingerboarder

Male
Number of posts : 27
Humor : Fb Fo Life
Current Setup : Yellowood A-6, TD Wheels,Riptape,Black Spinal Wides,And Riptape Tuning.
Skill Level : 46
Registration date : 2011-04-16

Concrete or Cement Ledges? Empty
PostSubject: Concrete or Cement Ledges?   Concrete or Cement Ledges? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:13 pm

Hey guys,

I just found some cement in my garage.I just want to know your guys opinion. Should i sell cement ledges?

If so could you tell me a price that i should sell em for and how much for shiiping. Be resonable please.

~Nick
www.zapfingerboards.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.zapfingerboards.com
goombla
Master Fingerboarder
goombla

Male
Number of posts : 1281
Skill Level : 610771
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Concrete or Cement Ledges?   Concrete or Cement Ledges? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 8:00 pm

you should sell them if you can make them a nice enough quality to use and a decent price to sell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concrete or Cement Ledges?   Concrete or Cement Ledges? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 8:28 pm

Make them cement.
Why?
Because cement is the smoothest material ever(in my opinion)
and it doesn't chip that often.
Granite, is smooth but you have to sand down the sides so you can grind on it.
You can't just grind on it without sanding it down because it will be all rough.
Hope this helps.
Note- This is all in my opinion your opinion may differ.
Back to top Go down
DillonV
Lazier than furniture
DillonV

Male
Number of posts : 778
Current Setup : Flaked-ytrucks-roll9

Skill Level : 585
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Concrete or Cement Ledges?   Concrete or Cement Ledges? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 11:56 pm

If you found a slab of cement you'd have to do the same.

Now,do you have any expeirence mixing concrete in any way? If the answer is no then dont even both.

Secondly cement and concrete are the exact same product just concrete has full sized pebbles where cement has sand like rocks.

Its not at all easy making perfect ledges when first trying, you have to mix cement just right, to watery and itll never cure and just decentergrate but not enough water and itll just chip away everytime you grind.

Your quite new at fingerboarding and should lay off trying to make any kind of companies youll learn quick that your company will fail if operated poorly.... just do what i said and learn on running a business. Truly do homework on it.

As for finding a bag of cement, ask your dad first if you can use it then ask him to help you, odds are he might know how to mix concrete and just make yourself some personal ledges not to sale.

Dont forget to wear a paper mask, concrete kills lungs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concrete or Cement Ledges?   Concrete or Cement Ledges? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:17 am

DillonV wrote:
If you found a slab of cement you'd have to do the same.

Now,do you have any expeirence mixing concrete in any way? If the answer is no then dont even both.

Secondly cement and concrete are the exact same product just concrete has full sized pebbles where cement has sand like rocks.

Its not at all easy making perfect ledges when first trying, you have to mix cement just right, to watery and itll never cure and just decentergrate but not enough water and itll just chip away everytime you grind.

Your quite new at fingerboarding and should lay off trying to make any kind of companies youll learn quick that your company will fail if operated poorly.... just do what i said and learn on running a business. Truly do homework on it.

As for finding a bag of cement, ask your dad first if you can use it then ask him to help you, odds are he might know how to mix concrete and just make yourself some personal ledges not to sale.

Dont forget to wear a paper mask, concrete kills lungs.

Yep.
Back to top Go down
CooperG
is better than you!
CooperG

Male
Number of posts : 697
Current Setup : OG forum member
Miss the old days
This forum is memories I won't forget
Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart
Skill Level : 595
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Concrete or Cement Ledges?   Concrete or Cement Ledges? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:47 am

i have made concrete manny pads (some of you know). if you are to make concrete ledges/mannual pads my tip would to buy 'mortar'. it is very smooth. also spray your mold with WD40 or PAM so the cement doesnt stick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concrete or Cement Ledges?   Concrete or Cement Ledges? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:10 am

I'd perfer cement over granite if you get good, make the U Ledge like Mike.
Back to top Go down
p1kclefingerboarder

Male
Current Setup : Yellowood A-6, TD Wheels,Riptape,Black Spinal Wides,And Riptape Tuning.

PostSubject: Re: Concrete or Cement Ledges?   Concrete or Cement Ledges? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:40 am

goombla wrote:
you should sell them if you can make them a nice enough quality to use and a decent price to sell.
I'll Try!

CooperG wrote:
i have made concrete manny pads (some of you know). if you are to make concrete ledges/mannual pads my tip would to buy 'mortar'. it is very smooth. also spray your mold with WD40 or PAM so the cement doesnt stick.
Thankyou man for the advice. Apreciate it!

Holden Huffaker wrote:
Make them cement.
Why?
Because cement is the smoothest material ever(in my opinion)
and it doesn't chip that often.
Granite, is smooth but you have to sand down the sides so you can grind on it.
You can't just grind on it without sanding it down because it will be all rough.
Hope this helps.
Note- This is all in my opinion your opinion may differ.
Yes i will make them in cement!
Back to top Go down
DillonV
Lazier than furniture
DillonV

Male

PostSubject: Re: Concrete or Cement Ledges?   Concrete or Cement Ledges? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:54 am

Please No double or triple posting, there is an Edit button to the top right corner of your conversation, i edited it for you.
Back to top Go down
p1kclefingerboarder

Male

PostSubject: Re: Concrete or Cement Ledges?   Concrete or Cement Ledges? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:09 am

DillonV wrote:
Please No double or triple posting, there is an Edit button to the top right corner of your conversation, i edited it for you.
How did i double post?
Back to top Go down
DillonV
Lazier than furniture
DillonV

Male

PostSubject: Re: Concrete or Cement Ledges?   Concrete or Cement Ledges? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:45 am

You made a post towards one person. Then another, then another..hense why your single post has 3 responses in 1
Back to top Go down
p1kclefingerboarder

Male

PostSubject: Re: Concrete or Cement Ledges?   Concrete or Cement Ledges? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:57 am

DillonV wrote:
You made a post towards one person. Then another, then another..hense why your single post has 3 responses in 1
Ok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concrete or Cement Ledges?   Concrete or Cement Ledges? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concrete or Cement Ledges?
Page 1 of 1