Fingerboard Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fingerboard Spot

The Fingerboarding Place! Thanks for a great run, everybody! See you again soon.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOW TO:

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DillonV
Lazier than furniture
DillonV

Male
Number of posts : 778
Current Setup : Flaked-ytrucks-roll9

Skill Level : 585
Registration date : 2010-07-28

HOW TO:   Empty
PostSubject: HOW TO:    HOW TO:   Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:17 am

Here is a few " How-to" videos so we can stop having little kids ask or make topics on how to make molds and decks.

These few videos are made by a very well respected member on FFI who's been around longer than i have. He's turned out over 1000 boards atleast and hopefully his advice will help you be sucsessful in the future, Welcome to the wonderful world of Fingerboarding. If you guys have any questions just PM me and i'll gladly give advice, i've been making wooden boards for 9+ years and can pretty much help you on everything.

Also i will be showing you how to Name your company and i'll show you how to make a logo and banners.

Lets begin.

First off when it comes to names, Be original and creative DO NOT COPY THE NEXT MANS IDEA like hardwood, or longwood, or pinewood, or any WOOD names for that matter, it's been done, don't do it. If you need help look on the internet for interesting words, words with meanings, use close peoples names, or even words from your own lauguage ( example: Locha wheels, Locha wheels is a combonation of my two dogs names, Lola and Charley but also means Crazy(female) in spanish(although im not spanish) or ELA trucks, it's my Fionces name, just abriviated.. It's not hard, used your brain, we all have one. if you can't think of anything travel around town looking at insperation (not store names) or ask some friends or family what would sound cool.

now with graphics.....
use your imagination, weither your good or not, it shows you tried, if you look around their are plenty of awful awful logos, but they like it and that's all that matters, it could be as simple as my avatar where its just font on a single coloured background, to me it looks good and that's all that matters.

Any questions or concerns please feel free to post them here and no where else BUT here.
Thanks.

to make a mold: