Fingerboard Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fingerboard Spot

The Fingerboarding Place! Thanks for a great run, everybody! See you again soon.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Redemption/Agape review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zanthos
Zanthos

Male
Number of posts : 1107
Humor : Russel Brand
Current Setup : Agape OM(get at them)
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

Skill Level : 1121
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Redemption/Agape review Empty
PostSubject: Redemption/Agape review   Redemption/Agape review Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:29 am

A couple weeks ago I ordered an Agape Shocker deck from Redemption Distribution. I finally decided that I've used it enough to be able to review it properly.

Shipping: Shipping was fast and hassle free. I received it four days after I bought it, which is great because it shipped from Jordan out in MI all the way out to AZ. Shipping is $2.00 flat rate for everything.

First Impressions: The deck came in a mini-zip style bag with the tape between the business card and the bag. It came with two Redemption stickers and one Agape sticker. As soon as I pulled the deck out of the bag I said "Thank you, Jordan!" it was that nice.

Details: The deck is standard five ply with the plies going: maple, black, maple, black, maple/graphic. It has nice lacquer(the graphic isn't lacquered though) The holes were drilled to perfection, my Wides fit perfectly. The top is stamped with the trademark "R."

Performance: The pop(I'm referring to skate pop, as in how well it responds to popping the board up) was great. The pop2 (referring to the sound) was crisp and realistic(no dull, hollow sound.) I've had it for about a week now and it is still as stiff as when I got it(rock-fucking-hard.)

---------------Tape-----------------Tape--------------Tape----------------Tape-------------------Tape------------

Redemption Tape(old size) is pretty decent. It is standard neoprene tape with the exception that I'm pretty sure it has a cork base(chemically) in it. It's grippy but thick(2mm.) It breaks in after a nice long sess.

I highly suggest getting it if you're on a budget. The new tape is 1mm thick, which I will be reviewing when I receive my new order of it. With a budget concern, I would recommend this, but if it's not in stock I would suggest getting some Hale tape from the redemption site(Click Here)
Back to top Go down
jacklilley
Face Melter
jacklilley

Male
Number of posts : 658
Humor : anything funny
Current Setup : Redemtion OM
spinal wides
spinal oringz
red v4s
nc shorty kingpins
and a sexy nc burger sticker lol
Skill Level : 700
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Redemption/Agape review   Redemption/Agape review Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:20 am

i ordered becuase of this review great review thanks
Back to top Go down
Zanthos
Zanthos

Male
Number of posts : 1107
Humor : Russel Brand
Current Setup : Agape OM(get at them)
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

Skill Level : 1121
Registration date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Redemption/Agape review   Redemption/Agape review Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:28 am

I just got the new V2 tape and it is the shit! Just as grippy as the old stuff and half as thick!
Back to top Go down
jacklilley
Face Melter
jacklilley

Male
Number of posts : 658
Humor : anything funny
Current Setup : Redemtion OM
spinal wides
spinal oringz
red v4s
nc shorty kingpins
and a sexy nc burger sticker lol
Skill Level : 700
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Redemption/Agape review   Redemption/Agape review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:57 am

niceee i was thinkin of buying some wen i need some new tape im gonna get some of that stuff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redemption/Agape review   Redemption/Agape review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Redemption/Agape review
Page 1 of 1