Fingerboard Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fingerboard Spot

The Fingerboarding Place! Thanks for a great run, everybody! See you again soon.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:

Go down 
+4
Zanthos
luajh
Mansur Wisaa
soomuchstyle
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
soomuchstyle
Beastly Fingerboarder
soomuchstyle

Male
Number of posts : 100
Current Setup : bw 2009
wides
g4's
doh doh's
rip
Skill Level : 115
Registration date : 2009-12-24

best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Empty
PostSubject: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 10:30 am

i finally started makeing some wheels, but the cnc lathe is not accesible now, so im using a manual lathe, so the wheels are not identical, so the only pair(s) of identical wheels are the metal wheels that i have made. so it will be a while before my teflon wheels will be perfected.

keep on the look out though, evergreen wheels, is in progress.

YAY for a new legit company hopefully!!

any one turned on about metal wheels? does anyone think its a good idea?

Last edited by soomuchstyle on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mansur Wisaa
Mind Blower
Mansur Wisaa

Male
Number of posts : 394
Humor : All your base are belong to us.
Current Setup : Kulture 2011
Brt2.0 black hanger
White Flatface brt wheels
Rip
Skill Level : 416
Registration date : 2009-11-17

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 10:38 am

You could message Mike Schneider or somebody else who makes wheels. you can also make them out of specialized hardened teflon. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
http://desuconcrete.weebly.com/
soomuchstyle
Beastly Fingerboarder
soomuchstyle

Male
wides
g4's
doh doh's
rip

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 10:42 am

^true but i dont think he would help me..and teflon would probably be the best but i dont know where to buy it.. and yes ive tried google lol
Back to top Go down
luajh
Master Fingerboarder
luajh

Male
Number of posts : 1400
Humor : naughty naughty
Current Setup : Defstone NM Wide Blank
SPRiNGFiELD Tape
SPRiNGFiELD Bushings
Spinal Wides
NC Pivot Cups
Nocomply V3 Buttas
Wheel washers

Skill Level : 1572
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:00 am

you gotta ask. no harm. urethane, teflon, LPDE, are pretty useful. nylon woks too
Back to top Go down
http://www.springfieldtuning.vze.com

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:21 pm

lol, mike would never tell the material he uses. i hope tht was a joke @mansurr wissa. i know mike as a friend, he wouldnt tell his parents even. dont bother asking, its embaressing yourself. he used teflon but it sucked so he stopped. he isnt retarded and tells ppl the wheel material. then noone would buy from him and start wheel company
urethene is the best tht we know of. teflon is the worst. dont use teflone. i cant believe u got a lathe...lucky
Back to top Go down
Zanthos
Zanthos

Male
Number of posts : 1107
Humor : Russel Brand
Current Setup : Agape OM(get at them)
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

Skill Level : 1121
Registration date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Polyurethane. End of story. Oh, and centralized bearings with spacers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:59 pm

we already established tht..
Back to top Go down
Zanthos
Zanthos

Male
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:03 pm

I'm just saying for a realistic look and feel. plus it comes in different durometers. 99A is standard real wheel duro.
Back to top Go down
soomuchstyle
Beastly Fingerboarder
soomuchstyle

Male
wides
g4's
doh doh's
rip

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:09 pm

PandaFingers wrote:
lol, mike would never tell the material he uses. i hope tht was a joke @mansurr wissa. i know mike as a friend, he wouldnt tell his parents even. dont bother asking, its embaressing yourself. he used teflon but it sucked so he stopped. he isnt retarded and tells ppl the wheel material. then noone would buy from him and start wheel company
urethene is the best tht we know of. teflon is the worst. dont use teflone. i cant believe u got a lathe...lucky

exactly my point. and the lathe is my pops, he repairs air rifles so there are billions of little washers and o rings every where...also a drill press..hydraulic press....lathe lol he invested in the business as a teen and now he's an old man haha

also how would i buy polyurethane? in small little chunks? or is that possible?
Back to top Go down
luajh
Master Fingerboarder
luajh

Male
SPRiNGFiELD Tape
SPRiNGFiELD Bushings
Spinal Wides
NC Pivot Cups
Nocomply V3 Buttas
Wheel washers

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 4:48 pm

PandaFingers wrote:

i know, but i was referring to asking about how the wheels are designed.

but again, with a normal cheap lathe, you cannot produce good quality wheels. normal wood lathes required a file or smth there u position your hand with, and no matter now sturdy your hand is, you can never make perfect, symmetrical set of 4 wheels. even with a clamp , lets face it, its impossible. if you watched andre coral's video on how wheels are made, i think you gotta understand, that perfect wheels are done outta CNC lathes that cost alot of money. if you are going into this, you gotta make sure you have money to invest.

there is another method of making wheels, which is injection molding, but wheels made outta pure injection molding is never perfect, because they have may have some dirt or air spaces in between. which is why, looking at techdeck wheels, they are verry different from normal wheels. but if u perfect this art, you can do it together with lathing wheels. just like jace wheels, combination of both of these

next up, teflon is a material that is really really really soft. you cannot use teflon alone. its like everslick plies, if u guys have one, it can scratch up easily and dirt gets in to ruin the wheel easily. you can use teflon, but u gotta mix it with another material. pure teflon is real bullshit.

polyethelyne and polyurethane is one of the best materials you could use, very realistic feel. you could buy them in rods if i am not wrong

once again, different materials are used for a different feel. you gotta start experimenting, then you will find possibilities

goodluck dude. =D
Back to top Go down
soomuchstyle
Beastly Fingerboarder
soomuchstyle

Male
wides
g4's
doh doh's
rip

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:20 pm

thanks dude im going to try some materials thins weekend. ill let everyone know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Zanthos
Zanthos

Male
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 12:29 am

If I'm not mistaken, Deluxe Distribution(spitfire, real, etc.) buys their polyurethane in a heated liquid form transported in insulated canisters, and, as I've said in past posts of mine, most brands use molded wheels that are spun inside the mold to prevent air bubbles. Dirt is not realistically going to be a problem if you wear rubber gloves and have a clean workspace, which yours, since your dad repairs air rifles, probably is.

EDIT: by brands I am referring to actual skate brands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 3:42 am

he has a lathe...hes ready to go as long as he has urethene
Back to top Go down
Zanthos
Zanthos

Male
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 3:52 am

Just a note: polyethylene is a plastic made from alcohols and, when liquid, is highly flammable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:39 am

JUST USE URETHENE. DONE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:41 am

contact a plastic company, sry for double post
Back to top Go down
luajh
Master Fingerboarder
luajh

Male
SPRiNGFiELD Tape
SPRiNGFiELD Bushings
Spinal Wides
NC Pivot Cups
Nocomply V3 Buttas
Wheel washers

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:31 am

Zanthos wrote:
Just a note: polyethylene is a plastic made from alcohols and, when liquid, is highly flammable.

polyethelyne gives a pretty similar effect as teflon , but abit more durable. take note, polyethelyne in solid form is food grade plastic, which is rather durable. an example would be a plastic bag. its rather safe if you know what you are doing .
Back to top Go down
Zanthos
Zanthos

Male
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:39 am

maybe coating washers with an extremely thin coat of polyethylene would possibly make your bearings last longer. IDK just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:40 am

just use urethene. thats what real skateboard wheels are made of...and z-shred uses urethene. but there wheels are bumpy cuz they use a mold. but u got a lathe so its alright
Back to top Go down
Zanthos
Zanthos

Male
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:43 am

^ Exactly.
Back to top Go down
soomuchstyle
Beastly Fingerboarder
soomuchstyle

Male
wides
g4's
doh doh's
rip

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:35 am

true thanks guys, and im sorry for all the old post bumping and shit, im new and stuff, just tryin to get along and fit into the scene.
Back to top Go down
Zanthos
Zanthos

Male
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:12 am

It's cool.
Back to top Go down
Colleran
Advanced Fingerboarder
Colleran

Male
Number of posts : 159
Humor : It has to be here somewhere *checks under bed*
Current Setup : FlatFace G12 Premium Wide
+blackriver+ Trucks
Winkler Wheels
-fbs- Tape
Skill Level : 206
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 2:38 am

just find something random and try it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:06 am

okay, this will end the thread right here:
GO ON YOUR COMPUTER

USE A PROGRAM (DONT ASK) TO DESIGN THE WHEELS AND DIMENSIONS.

TRY USING URETHENE AND UPLOAD THE DESIGN TO YOUR LATHE.

CUT THE URETHENE ACCORDING TO THE PROGRAM SET TO THE LATHE

CONTACT A PLASTIC/RUBBER FACTORY AND TELL THEM WHAT U WANT. SMOOTH? DURABLE? SOFT? HARD? EXACTLY WHAT UR LOOKING FOR.

IF THEY CAN FIND THE MATERIAL THT WOULD WORK, ASK FOR A TINY STICK. TRY IT. IF ITS GOOD, GET A SHIT LOAD (BULK).

ONCE U HAVE A TON ASK THEM FOR MAYBE TRANSPARENT, GREEN, RED, BLUE, PURPLE? ANYTHING.

ALWAYS TEST OUT NEW DESIGNS

THERE. "WHAT IS THE BEST SUBSTANCE TO MAKE WHEELS OUT OF?" SOLVED
Back to top Go down
soomuchstyle
Beastly Fingerboarder
soomuchstyle

Male
wides
g4's
doh doh's
rip

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:30 am

i know exactly what mikie s. uses but im not using that material, that would just be wrong. but i found some stuff slightly harder than that. will have prototypes this weekend!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:   best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

best substance to make wheels out of?:UPDATE on page one!!!!!!!!!:
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next