Fingerboard Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fingerboard Spot

The Fingerboarding Place! Thanks for a great run, everybody! See you again soon.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

sponsorship advice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

sponsorship advice Empty
PostSubject: sponsorship advice   sponsorship advice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:52 pm

Over the years, sponsorship has been sometimes an important thing to the fingerboard scene(alot of kids want to get sponsored), but sometimes those kids who don't get sponsored, freak out and start making random videos saying "Please Sponsor Me" or some random tryout video even though no one ask them to make one. So here is my advice to all of those people who do the following.

1. Only make at least a 1-3 minute video. Don't make a tryout video too long or the company will be annoyed and bored of your video and they will NOT sponsor you.

2. Dont make a video if it has alot of mess ups and bails. No one and I repeat. NO ONE that owns a company sponsors someone that screws up alot in their vids. only pick the clips that when you land something clean. Order you clips up from ok combos to big tricks and have the grand finale trick(best combo) at the end of your video.

3. If you are not experienced enough in fingerboarding, DO NOT MAKE A TRYOUT!!!!!!!!
Yuo have to be really good if you want to get sponsored. Not any fingerboarder can so keep practicing and work really hard on making a career in fingerboarding because experience is the key.
Back to top Go down
Denis S.
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 1749
Humor : What
Skill Level : 778
Registration date : 2008-12-12

sponsorship advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: sponsorship advice   sponsorship advice Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:22 am

lol Im gonna get christian to sticky this
Back to top Go down

sponsorship advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: sponsorship advice   sponsorship advice Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:48 am

4. Dont say "Hi my name is bob, please sponkor Me, I am relly good and have a rare Plab B tek deck, I am reeeeeely reeeely good. "
Back to top Go down

sponsorship advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: sponsorship advice   sponsorship advice Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:45 am

ALSO: a new one #6: ( im guessing we're counting daniels?)

don't use the same video as a sponsor everytime!!! it'll make people think you just want to get sponsored for free stuff and you don't care the company! when you make a tryout, title it the name of the company you wanna sesh for, many people look down at you as a noob if you use the same thing everytime because your too lazy to make new ones for one particular company.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Glynn

Male
Number of posts : 1460
Location : A secret spy base off the coast of the sahara desert in a volcano under ground.
Humor : haha haha haa haa i am a moderator!
Current Setup : Deck: Yellowood Browny
Wheels: Oak Wheels
Trucks: Ytrucks Silver X1
Tape: Precut FBS
Bushings: Ytrucks
Skill Level : 1734
Registration date : 2009-03-30

sponsorship advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: sponsorship advice   sponsorship advice Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:05 am

6. DONT pm a company and say I AM REALLY good sponsor me.

because a: if you say i am really good that is telling the sponsor that you think you are soo great and no one will like to sponsor a person that thinks he is the best!

B: dont just say (when you pm a company) "Sponsor me because" they will just think you are not beeing polite and are just saying to their face "SPONSOR ME!!!".

also it would be wise to have a good camera and be populat on youtube and actually be good! oh yeah and i dont mean to be offensive but ah dont use a tech deck it just says " i am a nube".

so their are my tips i hope they help:)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/harveyglynn
Levi.R
Mind Blower
Levi.R

Male
Number of posts : 429
Humor : What do you call cheese that isnt yours? nacho cheese
Current Setup : DefstoneNm
V4 buttas
Spinal Wides
Skill Level : 478
Registration date : 2009-07-02

sponsorship advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: sponsorship advice   sponsorship advice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:20 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

sponsorship advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: sponsorship advice   sponsorship advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sponsorship advice
Page 1 of 1