Fingerboard Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fingerboard Spot

The Fingerboarding Place! Thanks for a great run, everybody! See you again soon.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of?

Go down 
+5
Lenny.B
Ben .N
Hunter R.
Christian R
Denis S.
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of?   Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 4:32 am

ok with this whole 2 by 4 thing to get more concave just take a bench grinder turn the cut peice on its side and grind it down to give it more concave
Back to top Go down
Denis S.
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 1749
Humor : What
Skill Level : 778
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of?   Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:05 pm

making the top part and bottom part exactly sounds hard
Back to top Go down
whiteninja
Mind Blower
whiteninja

Male
Number of posts : 434
Humor : Backside Flip /\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Current Setup : Steeze G2 Heart modded wide td trucks zshred waffle grip xgames wheels. I'm getting lowprotape, eventually morningwood wheels. and am working on a steeze g2 mellow twotone.
Skill Level : 345
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of?   Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:24 am

what i spmetimes do is cut the 2x4 sand the shape out of the bottom,
then bondo the top on.

white Ninja
Back to top Go down
http://steezefingerboards.synthesite.com

PostSubject: Re: Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of?   Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:24 am

resin. it costs as much as bondo. OR take thin sheet mettal and bend it to your liking. then rienforce it with bondo
Back to top Go down
luajh
Master Fingerboarder
luajh

Male
Number of posts : 1400
Humor : naughty naughty
Current Setup : Defstone NM Wide Blank
SPRiNGFiELD Tape
SPRiNGFiELD Bushings
Spinal Wides
NC Pivot Cups
Nocomply V3 Buttas
Wheel washers

Skill Level : 1572
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of?   Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:34 pm

i did a bondo before. cracked easily. hot glue too. metal wouldnt work that well. i tried to shape the concave but i fail like mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.springfieldtuning.vze.com

PostSubject: Re: Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of?   Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:22 am

epoxy
Back to top Go down
luajh
Master Fingerboarder
luajh

Male
SPRiNGFiELD Tape
SPRiNGFiELD Bushings
Spinal Wides
NC Pivot Cups
Nocomply V3 Buttas
Wheel washers

PostSubject: Re: Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of?   Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 7:08 pm

true but i prefer those kind of easy to bend aluminum. not as weak as foil. epoxy is good though
Back to top Go down
XIFingerboards
Face Melter
XIFingerboards

Male
Number of posts : 654
Humor : Only Chris Cole would wear something like that.
Current Setup : BW NM with YTrucks
Absolute Exotic
Skill Level : 752
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of?   Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 10:37 pm

I made some wood molds and then a bondo one. they are both good but it is hard to make a square bondo but easy to make a square wood one. Just cut out your shape and make it as exact as possible, that all there is to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KosmoKitty73
luajh
Master Fingerboarder
luajh

Male
SPRiNGFiELD Tape
SPRiNGFiELD Bushings
Spinal Wides
NC Pivot Cups
Nocomply V3 Buttas
Wheel washers

PostSubject: Re: Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of?   Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:59 pm

XIFingerboards wrote:
I made some wood molds and then a bondo one. they are both good but it is hard to make a square bondo but easy to make a square wood one. Just cut out your shape and make it as exact as possible, that all there is to it.

i made a bondo and wood mold. the top is wood and the bottom bondo .i cut the size of the wood in the square and the shape i want and sand down the sides for concave, then i just use the wood to make a bondo bottom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of?   Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:55 am

make a wood mold by cutting out a square of 2x4 the drawing the shape on the side the use a knife to cut into it, the take the bottom or top of the wood one and wrap cardboard around it make a bottom(or top) bondo mold the make a top(or bottom) bondo mold out of that one and hello you got a swuare bondo mold
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of?   Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where DO you think would be better but cheap to make a mold out of?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2