Fingerboard Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fingerboard Spot

The Fingerboarding Place! Thanks for a great run, everybody! See you again soon.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats your religion?

Go down 
+8
BobbyAlter
Lenny.B
Zanthos
Zach Padilla
toastycornflakes
ablair
TaylorT
Jonathan .B
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zanthos
Zanthos

Male
Number of posts : 1107
Humor : Russel Brand
Current Setup : Agape OM(get at them)
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

Skill Level : 1121
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Whats your religion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:12 am

GOD'S HOLY LAW TO THE CHILDREN OF ETHIOPIA

Great and manifold are the blessings bestowed upon us the oppressed children of Ethiopia, by His Divine Majesty, Lord God Almighty, King of all mercies, when by his most holy command His divine highness, Christ, Prince of the Heavenly Kingdom, descended and anointed us that we may be prepared to receive these noble men, servants of God and redeemers of Ethiopia's posterities. His honor, Marcus Garvey and colleague, his holiness the shepherd Athlyi, supreme minister of God's Holy Law to the children of Ethiopia, may we show gratitude to our God by being submissive to his teachings through these his humble servants, and submitting ourselves in obedience to his Holy Law that we a suffering people may reap the fruit thereof.

When as it was the intention of others to keep us forever in darkness, by our faithfulness to the Law we shall in time prove to the nations that God has not forsaken Ethiopia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As from the Holy Piby, a book of the Rasta Movement, a subsection of christianity.
Back to top Go down
Zach Padilla
Mind Blower
Zach Padilla

Male
Number of posts : 404
Humor : I'm Mexican and Costa rican but I look white
Current Setup : John.C deck.
Uncut Rip.
Blue TD Wides.
Winkler Hansen Mansons.
Rip Tuning.
I have 2 others but it is my main set-up.
Skill Level : 362
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:40 am

BobbyAlter wrote:
oh come on zach and taylor. yes i believe in God and his righteousness, but you're trying to say both of you are completely enlightened? I'm just curious how old are you guys?

When have I ever said anything about being enlightened? I'm just sharing information with you.
And I am 13

and Zanthos it was not Ethiopia it was the Hebrews.
Correct me if was wrong with what I have just typed but I have never read or heard of anything about the children of Ethiopia.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
I am the law. :)
TaylorT

Male
Number of posts : 3807
Humor : high five'n white guys
Current Setup : prowood with a fingerboard times graphic~
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
flatface teflon bushings~
Ablair brand pivot cups~
and foamy OHMY GOODNESS THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!~
Skill Level : 263279
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:02 pm

zanthos, we arent that "style" of christian

that just seems a little wack. if only i could make sense of it
Back to top Go down
http://nocomplyfingerboards.com
jacklilley
Face Melter
jacklilley

Male
Number of posts : 658
Humor : anything funny
Current Setup : Redemtion OM
spinal wides
spinal oringz
red v4s
nc shorty kingpins
and a sexy nc burger sticker lol
Skill Level : 700
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:13 pm

ok i belive there is a god or something but not adam and eve etc if that did happen wed all be brothers or sisters lol and i belive there is an afterlife etc
Back to top Go down
Zanthos
Zanthos

Male
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:14 pm

I was giving the example that everyone is right. Just because they worship "god" in a different way than you, doesn't mean they are wrong. The Holy Piby is the book that the Rastas use to interpret the Bible. I will point out though, that both are written by Man and have no proof at all that any other forces were involved, and that the Bible that you read isn't even the entire book. Most of the Gospels were removed by the Church to fit their own interpretation of "god"'s will. For example the Gospel of Judas was removed because it shows that Jesus told Judas to betray him and that Judas would not be damned for doing so as it was an act of "god".

I use god in quotations because that is only one of many names for the concept of a deity(Even within Christianity, as in with Jah).

Also, many people are turning this into an argument/semiconversion, and is getting way off of the original topic instruction. If arguments continue, I might just lock this. There is a difference between arguing and debating.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:29 pm

jacklilley wrote:
ok i belive there is a god or something but not adam and eve etc if that did happen wed all be brothers or sisters lol and i belive there is an afterlife etc
there is no afterlife

Zanthos wrote:
If arguments continue, I might just lock this. There is a difference between arguing and debating.

are you serious? there has been no arguing. zantard, man up a little. this thread is good

no disrespect
Back to top Go down
Zach Padilla
Mind Blower
Zach Padilla

Male
Uncut Rip.
Blue TD Wides.
Winkler Hansen Mansons.
Rip Tuning.

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 4:43 am

Jack we are brother and sisiters. not physically but spiritually.
And Zanthos I have never heard of the "rastas" not the book of "Piby" so I have no comment for you.

And I am merely debating not arguing at all.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 4:54 am

Zach Padilla wrote:
yep. also, it all kind of comes down to noah's family. not adam and eve
Zach Padilla wrote:
And Zanthos I have never heard of the "rastas" not the book of "Piby" so I have no comment for you.
yeah same. im a Christian, not a rastafarian
Zach Padilla wrote:
youre right
Back to top Go down
Zanthos
Zanthos

Male
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:03 am

TaylorT wrote:
Zach Padilla wrote:
yep. also, it all kind of comes down to noah's family. not adam and eve
Zach Padilla wrote:
yeah same. im a Christian, not a rastafarian
Zach Padilla wrote:
youre right

A debate consists of legitimate, logical arguments. I have not seen one that logically states anything from you. You are so narrow minded that you don't see the flaws in anything you say. Rastas ARE Christians just like Mormons ARE Christians just like Jehovah's Witness's ARE Christian. Your pastor isn't the only person who knows anything about Christianity. Maybe you should look up the history of your own religion. Not everything on here has been an argument, as some people have actually made legitimate posts that follow the terms of the thread, but this is not the place to gather around your religion.

And to Zach,you have to see that everyone is right relative to their own point in space-time. You are right, I'm right, the man on the corner selling crack is right, from each person's own respective perspective.

Jonathan .B wrote:
Post whatever your religion is and summarize in a sentence or to what its based around.

Also I see nothing there that says anything close to "Debate your religion"
Back to top Go down
Zach Padilla
Mind Blower
Zach Padilla

Male
Uncut Rip.
Blue TD Wides.
Winkler Hansen Mansons.
Rip Tuning.

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:21 am

NO. Mormons are not christians,Jehovah Witness are not christians.
Now you call me narrow minded yet when have I ever said that my pastor knows everything about christianity. I have never said anything about anyone knowing everything about christianianity.
And I was born in a Christian home,raised by Christian pastors,Gone to church and have STUDIED under pastors. So after all of that, I should have been responsible enough to retain that knowledge and use it in my well being and life. So I do know History of my religion. I Definetly do not know all of it But I do know most of it.

And yes your right everyone is right in there own perspective and yes pretty much everyhting is related genitically.
Back to top Go down
Zanthos
Zanthos

Male
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:32 am

Zach Padilla wrote:

Wrong. From Wikipedia: In North America there are over a thousand faith groups including the Roman Catholic church; the Eastern Orthodox churches, other conservative, mainline, liberal and progressive Christian faith groups; The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormons); Jehovah's Witnesses, the Unification Church, Christian Science, progressive Christians, and other religious organizations. They all identify themselves as Christian. In fact, many regard their group as the only "true" Christian church. Yet they, and their followers, have very different beliefs about the life, events, teachings, actions, sinlessness and expectations of Yeshua.

Unaltered.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:58 am

Zanthos wrote:
Zach Padilla wrote:

Wrong. From Wikipedia: In North America there are over a thousand faith groups including the Roman Catholic church; the Eastern Orthodox churches, other conservative, mainline, liberal and progressive Christian faith groups; The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormons); Jehovah's Witnesses, the Unification Church, Christian Science, progressive Christians, and other religious organizations. They all identify themselves as Christian. In fact, many regard their group as the only "true" Christian church. Yet they, and their followers, have very different beliefs about the life, events, teachings, actions, sinlessness and expectations of Yeshua.

Unaltered.

they CALL themselves christians. you would have to be one of us to understand, i guess.
zach is right. they are NOT christians. their beliefs are far from ours
Back to top Go down
Zanthos
Zanthos

Male
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:02 am

Most liberal Christian denominations, secularists, and public opinion pollsters define "Christian" very broadly as any person or group who sincerely believes themselves to be Christian. Using this definition, Christians total about 75% of the North American adult population.

Many Fundamentalist and other Evangelical Protestants define "Christian" more narrowly to include only those persons who have been "born again" or have made a personal commitment to follow Jesus irrespective of their denomination. About 35% of the North American adult population identify themselves in this way.

Some Protestant Christian denominations, para-church groups, and individuals have assembled their own lists of cardinal Christian doctrines. Many would regard anyone who denies even one of their cardinal doctrines to be a non-Christian. Unfortunately, there is a wide diversity of opinion as to which historical Christian beliefs are cardinal doctrines.

Other denominations and sects regard their own members to be the only true Christians in the world. Some are quite small, numbering only a few thousand followers.[11]

Defined: A Christian (pronounced /ˈkrɪs.tʃən, /ˈkrɪs.ti.ən/) is a person who adheres to Christianity, an Abrahamic, monotheistic religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, who they believe is the Messiah (the Christ in Greek-derived terminology) prophesied in the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible, and the Son of God.[1][2] Most Christians believe in the doctrine of the Trinity ("tri-unity"), a description of God as Father, as Son, and as Holy Spirit.
Back to top Go down
Zach Padilla
Mind Blower
Zach Padilla

Male
Uncut Rip.
Blue TD Wides.
Winkler Hansen Mansons.
Rip Tuning.

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:17 am

Mormons and Jehovah-witnesses Based there religion on Christianity.

Mormons believe that when Christ comes again only about 175,00 people will be saved.
Jehovah witnesses don't celebrate all holidays including Christmas.

Now if mormons believed God as the all loving and caring savior why do they believe only 175,00 people will be saved? Even If there are even more real Christians out there?

Now if Jehovah winesses were christian why wouldnt they celebrate as we know the birth of christ. The person the religion is based on?
Back to top Go down
Zanthos
Zanthos

Male
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:32 am

Jonathan .B wrote:
Post whatever your religion is and summarize in a sentence or to what its based around.

Are you that ignorant? And again, I see nothing in the instructions as to say anything close to debate. You can not win in an argument with me other than to be willfully ignorant, which isn't really a win, it's just being stupid. This has got to stop.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:33 am

exactly, they call themselves christians. "christian" is WAAAY to overused imo. more over used then ____wood companies, lol

zack you have an extremely good point there. Our God is all loving, even if you curse his name, he still loves you.

so yeah

Zanthos wrote:
Jonathan .B wrote:

Are you that ignorant? And again, I see nothing in the instructions as to say anything close to debate. You can not win in an argument with me other than to be willfully ignorant, which isn't really a win, it's just being stupid. This has got to stop.
please keep this thread alive
Back to top Go down
BobbyAlter
Mind Blower
BobbyAlter

Male
Number of posts : 475
Current Setup : Berlinwood NM Blue Camo Graphic
Uncut Riptape
+BRR+ Trucks
Flatface +BRR+ Edition Bearing Wheels
Skill Level : 525
Registration date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:35 am

Zach sorry i got mixed up with yours and taylors post. jeez, i have a lot to say. first of all, taylor i dont mean to be a dick but you really don't know what you are talking about.they CALL themselves christians. "you would have to be one of us to understand, i guess.
"(too lazy to actually quote this) but i dont think you understand that many many different religions come from christianity. so yes, they call themselves christians, because they are. It is like the amish. you probably don't think they are christian but theyre a christian denomination. just because they don't practice the same type of christianity as you doesn't mean theyre "posers"
Back to top Go down
Zanthos
Zanthos

Male
Wides
Some stale-ass bushings
TD wheels.

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:36 am

I never said I would get rid of it. I said I would lock it if the arguing won't stop. If you want to debate, make a religious debate thread, this thread is not it.
Back to top Go down
BobbyAlter
Mind Blower
BobbyAlter

Male
Number of posts : 475
Current Setup : Berlinwood NM Blue Camo Graphic
Uncut Riptape
+BRR+ Trucks
Flatface +BRR+ Edition Bearing Wheels
Skill Level : 525
Registration date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:42 am

Back to top Go down
toastycornflakes
Administrator
toastycornflakes

Male
Number of posts : 1075
Humor : What's red and smells like blue paint? Red paint.
Current Setup : Homewood M8
Top Notch tape
Helio customs
WWZ Bid Daddyz
Skill Level : 1095
Registration date : 2009-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:52 am

Bobby, I'm just saying this but why have you been such a prick lately on here? It's rediculous.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/toastycornflakes
TaylorT
TaylorT

Male
td trucks~
flatface g6e's~
Ablair brand pivot cups~

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 4:24 am

BobbyAlter wrote:
Zach sorry i got mixed up with yours and taylors post. jeez, i have a lot to say. first of all, taylor i dont mean to be a dick but you really don't know what you are talking about.they CALL themselves christians. "you would have to be one of us to understand, i guess.
"(too lazy to actually quote this) but i dont think you understand that many many different religions come from christianity. so yes, they call themselves christians, because they are. It is like the amish. you probably don't think they are christian but theyre a christian demonination. just because they don't practice the same type of christianity as you doesn't mean theyre "posers"

thats exactly what i mean
Back to top Go down
Isaac
Beastly Fingerboarder
Isaac

Male
Number of posts : 86
Skill Level : 120
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:51 am

im athiest Wink

Please don't bump. This topic was the bases for a large argument that should not be resurrected. -FBSpot Administrative Staff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats your religion?   Whats your religion? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats your religion?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2