Fingerboard Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fingerboard Spot

The Fingerboarding Place! Thanks for a great run, everybody! See you again soon.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to make "bricks" for ramps. Like Voice FSB park.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nolliewood
Advanced Fingerboarder

Male
Number of posts : 130
Humor : um... Morgan Freeman?
Current Setup : Frost G2 Mellow, Riptape, reshaped trucks, and Riptape bushings.
Skill Level : 152
Registration date : 2009-03-08

How to make "bricks" for ramps. Like Voice FSB park. Empty
PostSubject: How to make "bricks" for ramps. Like Voice FSB park.   How to make "bricks" for ramps. Like Voice FSB park. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 6:36 am

Alright. I was looking at the FFI topic and the pictures amazed me. "Bricks" was in quotes, so he didn't use bricks. I was thinking of alternatives, and I think I figured it out. If you have a handsaw, like the ones that come with mitre boxes, then you can make them. Simply draw bricks on the piece of wood, all the same size, and cut on the lines so the cuts don't cut all the way through, but are cracks, like in a sidewalk. cheers then color, paint, whatever you want to do on the "lifted", or higher parts, paint the gaps black and you have it. I'm going to try it on a low box I am going to make. Hope this topic and suggestions helps,

Nolliewood cat
Back to top Go down
RedHandsFBS
Beastly Fingerboarder

Male
Number of posts : 80
Current Setup : RH'S redesigned, backriver trucks,
flatface g7as + pivot cups & homemade boardslides
Skill Level : 136
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: How to make "bricks" for ramps. Like Voice FSB park.   How to make "bricks" for ramps. Like Voice FSB park. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:42 pm

tanKs dude
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to make "bricks" for ramps. Like Voice FSB park.   How to make "bricks" for ramps. Like Voice FSB park. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 2:51 am

good idea
Back to top Go down
Nolliewood
Advanced Fingerboarder

Male
Number of posts : 130
Humor : um... Morgan Freeman?
Current Setup : Frost G2 Mellow, Riptape, reshaped trucks, and Riptape bushings.
Skill Level : 152
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: How to make "bricks" for ramps. Like Voice FSB park.   How to make "bricks" for ramps. Like Voice FSB park. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:03 am

Thanks, if anyone has actually tried it tell me how it goes, haha, I never got to try it. Good to see that it's helpful though.
Back to top Go down
Lord4dark
Intermediate Fingerboarder

Number of posts : 62
Skill Level : 69
Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: How to make "bricks" for ramps. Like Voice FSB park.   How to make "bricks" for ramps. Like Voice FSB park. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:09 am

it's the other way around. As a warhammer gamer I know how how to paint bricks properly.

1. spray paint the entire surface first with grime black/ or grey/ or white
2. paint all raised surfaces with white (this makes the bricks brighter)
3. dry brush the bricks with red paint
4. if you prefer, sparingly dry brush green flock to some sections for that mossy look.
Back to top Go down
Andrew L.

Number of posts : 7
Skill Level : 7
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: How to make "bricks" for ramps. Like Voice FSB park.   How to make "bricks" for ramps. Like Voice FSB park. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:51 am

i got a lot of them, and a shitload of the JBkwik grey st00f and took the bricks, spaced the out enough to lay in bricks. it's cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make "bricks" for ramps. Like Voice FSB park.   How to make "bricks" for ramps. Like Voice FSB park. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to make "bricks" for ramps. Like Voice FSB park.
Page 1 of 1