Fingerboard Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fingerboard Spot

The Fingerboarding Place! Thanks for a great run, everybody! See you again soon.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Attitude About COMPANIES

Go down 
+2
Tyla M
luajh
6 posters
AuthorMessage
luajh
Master Fingerboarder
luajh

Male
Number of posts : 1400
Humor : naughty naughty
Current Setup : Defstone NM Wide Blank
SPRiNGFiELD Tape
SPRiNGFiELD Bushings
Spinal Wides
NC Pivot Cups
Nocomply V3 Buttas
Wheel washers

Skill Level : 1572
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Attitude About COMPANIES Empty
PostSubject: Attitude About COMPANIES   Attitude About COMPANIES Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 8:24 pm

I put quite alot of effort into writing this. So I hope it is a useful guideline or benchmark for companies. I am not writing a dorky essay, i appreciate if you guys would bother to read this though. and keep bumping if it is a useful thread

please point out if i did any mistakes to this guideline

Companies:

We have probably seen so many paper deck companies, skate grip companies. But come on guys, before we start criticising them , we could probably think first. It is never easy to run a company. Numerous people have tried and gave up in running a company. Mike Schneider started off with a small skate grip company, and now he owns the huge flatface. He's 13, dont forget that. If you have seen paper deck companies, some of them have a decent shape, you can tell they arent bananas. Skate grip companies could just find real neoprene tape. Think about the scene 10 years ago, we never had orings, neither did we have riptape or fbsextrasmooth. My company was a tape company about 5 months ago and the fingerboardcommunity.com gave me really bad companies saying that tuning companies never achieve anything. Now look at anchor tape. Its probably one of the most accomplished tape ever around. So lets turn our negative comments into positive comments ; not exactly positive but constructive comments. Give them suggestions on how to improve, get a sander, bondo mold or anything. Not just write : NOOB! GTFO! I know most of you guys know of the conicalfb incident where this kid offered paper decks for prete and bearing wheels. When you do such things, be aware of ur value, i am not critisizing you, but at least think about not giving stupid offers. Remember never give up on your company so easily. Its not easy running a business. Dont expect anything good at the first few months; widely advertise and one day you might meet your first customer. Support the scene, dont look down on small companies

Reviews:

Do get your riders or customers to review your stuff if they have a decent camera. Its a good way to advertise on youtube and on forums. review does not mean saying that "this stuff is the best!" critique on parts that can be improved on. there is nothing in this world that is PERFECT. Moving on to FREEBIES. i know of plenty people who ask to review stuff. Come on guys, these people have to pay to buy for their stuff and its simply not worth it to ship say, 1 piece of skate grip to review. Please do not be cheap. No offence man, if you were to be really interested in their stuff, i trust that you can fork out a few bucks to buy 1 piece of tape. Why always pick on the new companies? why not ask BRR for a free berlinwood to review? please think how difficult it is for the company owner. you guys should know it in your heart. The other option,you can probably offer to pay for shipping if you are truly interested. No offence guys, please reflect on that. this isnt a lecture but you must think that how company owners are running at a loss to do that.

Riders:

Your skill does not prove you to be a good company rider. Lord 4 dark has excellent explanations for that, on your view of sponsorship thread. Please do not join a company just for freebies which i know alot of people who do. the first option for many people on forums when a new company posts an advert is that : "are your sponsoring?" "can i review ur stuff? looks good". Sponsorships play a great role in skating and fingerboarding. with so many companies around, and so many people in the scene right now, i think it would only be good to try that when companies hold tryouts. as for sponsored riders, your responsibility is very important. your job is to promote and advertise the company, you are in the developmental team, value your importance to the scene and your company. do not cheat yourself, because you are cheating everyone else. in other words, its just like working for the company, and in return, your pay would be the new company products.

Websites:

Weebly or Webs is NEVER GAY. think about it. evrslick has a weebly website, so do many other companies start out with it. it is not necessary for you to own a domain. its gonna be a great expense if you do not make money. turn to .tk or .co.nr or some other ways to make your site more professional.

Scamming:

Scamming should never be tolerated. think about how people would be cheated. would you like to do that because of the sake of money? i trust that many of the companies run because, they sincerely have the wish to spread the world of fingerboarding, not to make money. avoid selling your craft store rubbish. you may start out with that, but you must make a point for progress.

Most importantly, good luck to all new companies! I hope everyone would change their attitude about companies.

SPREAD THE WORLD OF FINGERBOARDING!
Back to top Go down
http://www.springfieldtuning.vze.com
Tyla M
Face Melter
Tyla M

Male
Number of posts : 537
Current Setup : BremWood

Skill Level : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Attitude About COMPANIES   Attitude About COMPANIES Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:08 am

lolololol,mike schneider isnt 13,hes like 16
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attitude About COMPANIES   Attitude About COMPANIES Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:59 pm

I think he meant mike was 13 when he first started, not his current age.
Back to top Go down
Elijah.R
Mind Blower
Elijah.R

Male
Number of posts : 292
Current Setup : Yellowood Dork
T.D Wides
Teflon Bushings
Winkler Wheels
Skill Level : 314
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Attitude About COMPANIES   Attitude About COMPANIES Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:46 am

that was good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.craterfingerboards.tk

PostSubject: Re: Attitude About COMPANIES   Attitude About COMPANIES Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 5:11 am

cool
Back to top Go down
luajh
Master Fingerboarder
luajh

Male
Number of posts : 1400
Humor : naughty naughty
Current Setup : Defstone NM Wide Blank
SPRiNGFiELD Tape
SPRiNGFiELD Bushings
Spinal Wides
NC Pivot Cups
Nocomply V3 Buttas
Wheel washers

Skill Level : 1572
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Attitude About COMPANIES   Attitude About COMPANIES Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 8:57 am

thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.springfieldtuning.vze.com
Levi.R
Mind Blower
Levi.R

Male
Number of posts : 429
Humor : What do you call cheese that isnt yours? nacho cheese
Current Setup : DefstoneNm
V4 buttas
Spinal Wides
Skill Level : 478
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Attitude About COMPANIES   Attitude About COMPANIES Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:08 pm

good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attitude About COMPANIES   Attitude About COMPANIES Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:36 am

awesome!!!

BUMP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attitude About COMPANIES   Attitude About COMPANIES Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:13 pm

i dont think this needs bumping any more,

but good "essay"!
Back to top Go down
vincent321
Advanced Fingerboarder
vincent321

Male
Number of posts : 130
Humor : i suck at dating?
Current Setup : DECK:fingerplant 2012
TAPE:riptape
WHEELS:blackriver wheels
BUSHINGS:fbs extra smooth
trucks:dump trucks
Skill Level : 195
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Attitude About COMPANIES   Attitude About COMPANIES Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:23 am

lol i think u just wrote everything that a fingerboarder needs to know LOL GOOD WORK DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
John K.
John K.

Number of posts : 1222
Current Setup : Naipe.
Skill Level : 1326
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Attitude About COMPANIES   Attitude About COMPANIES Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:37 am

dont bump old threads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attitude About COMPANIES   Attitude About COMPANIES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attitude About COMPANIES
Page 1 of 1